Wheel2WheelRacing
Welcome to the Wheel2WheelRacing Playstation 4 F1 League! Thanks for Visiting!

We are a website of clean and enthusiastic drivers, and you can join us by creating a free account, clicking 'Register'. If possible, please use your PSN username - this will make it easier for you and League Moderators to add each other.

After signing up, write a post in the 'Welcome to W2WR' section letting us know, and we will arrange a quick induction with you in a private online lobby. Getting approval in this session with a League Moderator will grant you access to start racing in the Leagues.

Look forward to seeing you on track,
Wheel2WheelRacing Website Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wheel2WheelRacing
Welcome to the Wheel2WheelRacing Playstation 4 F1 League! Thanks for Visiting!

We are a website of clean and enthusiastic drivers, and you can join us by creating a free account, clicking 'Register'. If possible, please use your PSN username - this will make it easier for you and League Moderators to add each other.

After signing up, write a post in the 'Welcome to W2WR' section letting us know, and we will arrange a quick induction with you in a private online lobby. Getting approval in this session with a League Moderator will grant you access to start racing in the Leagues.

Look forward to seeing you on track,
Wheel2WheelRacing Website Team
Wheel2WheelRacing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hungarian GP Results

3 posters

Go down

Hungarian GP Results Empty Hungarian GP Results

Post by hudunikibolokov Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:32 am

Qualifying and Race Results will be posted below after the results have come in.
hudunikibolokov
hudunikibolokov

Back to top Go down

Hungarian GP Results Empty Re: Hungarian GP Results

Post by Lii4M_ Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:44 am

Hungarian GP Results Pl1_hu10
Lii4M_
Lii4M_

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:38 am

OK, so...

Made an amazing start, going round the outside to 4th, from 7th on the grid!

It was clear I was only ever going backwards, and Liamatthurso was behind me for a few laps. I defended, but he eventually got past with a great move at Turn 2. He then made a mistake and fell behind me, passing when I made a mistake at T1. From there I soldiered on, having good battles with Liam (completely fair and enjoyable, although his driving showed his frustration), and james. I pitted on Laps 15,35,and 50 running OPOP. I always pitted before Liam, so he ended up stuck behind me in 3 different stints.

At one point I pitted, and emerged behind Ferrari Mania, and we had a strange incident. So for FMs benefit I will post my account. I slipstreamed FM, he defended the Inside (pit wall). Instead of squeezing down the inside like an idiot, where there was no room, I decided to go outside of him. I pulled from the slipstream, but stayed next to him. I did not move to the outside of the track, I was more or less in the middle. He had defended the inside, so I went next to him, meaning he could not take a wide line. I think he thought I would go all the way to the outside, and wanted to move somewhere nearer the racing line. I was next to him, so he could not do this. I think he then went to make this move back, but as I was there, we touched. I went straight on at Turn 1, he lost a wing. I wasn't too unhappy, I had done nothing untoward, and FM had lost his wing anyway.

He messaged me after the race to say he didn't actually touch me. Now having raced FM, I believe he's a good honest lad, and I believe what he said. If he had moved back to the left, it would have been his fault, but if he didn't then I guess it was just a racing incident. I think FM got a 10s penalty for this. If this is the case, I believe it should be rescinded, as it appears a bit of a freak accident, as neither of us
drove in to the other. I'd like his side tbf.

The SC screwed me, as I had just been lapped, so when it came out (I pitted for Options for the sprint like most others), I was behind the leaders, with a Liam virtually a lap ahead. (There was a safety car glitch where Liam and jonneh lapped me behind the SC).

From there I just pulled a small gap to FM and bought it home in 5th.

Happy enough Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:54 pm

Simply couldn't wait for this race to be over.

I would like to know if anyone else was struggling with a lack of grip? As I appeared to have none for 70 laps and struggled with traction big time! Had a decent start and had a good battle with James (I apolagise for holding you up matey but from my car you must have seen how badly I was struggling with grip) was a relief when you overtook me as I was holding us both up. Lap 12 I lost the rear going around the second to last corner loosing part of my wing, through the car passed the pits so I carried on planning to pit when my tyres were badly worn. It didn't go to plan as my team mate was catching me quick. I could see I was holding him up a bit, so I lifted off and let him go as he was running a different strategy. I then pitted coming out 17 secs behind him and caught him within 6/7 laps thus retaking him. I was then 6 seconds behind the Gav, James and Li44M battle. I slowed it down to preserve my tyres meaning they pulled away. I then saw Gav comes out the pits behind around 12 laps later. Again I was struggling with a lack of grip and he was catching me fast. A lap later I saw he was about to have DRS on me so I went defensive very early moving to the pit wall as Gav stated. Gav went past and I thought that was the end of that. Sadly not, as somehow we made contact which made me loose my wing and a few corners later gave me a puncture. I highly appreciate that you believe the fact I didn't turn in on you Gav, as that is definitely something I wouldn't do. We've been racing long enough to get to know the persona of eachother (that's why I'm against reserves racing against us but oh well) I too know you wouldn't have turned in on me mate. Ruined my race, but I was majorly struggling with a lack of grip anyway so probably wouldn't have affected the result. I think it may have been a glitch as it didn't appear we were that close to one another. Rest of the race was pretty boring as I was alone. The SC came out towards the end, I thought I may have a chance to attack the cars infront, but again had no grip at all. How I ended up with 8 points was pure luck

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:03 pm

Is our thing what you got the pen for Ferrari? I think that should be taken away if so. And you can confirm I didn't turn in to you FM?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:46 pm

Yeah I got the pen for that Gav. In this instance the penalty didn't effect my end result so if it doesn't get removed it wouldn't be a big deal. You didn't turn into me mate, that I can confirm. As I said I think it was some form of glitch because we don't race like that, we've had lots of battles and they are always fun and clean.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:12 pm

First of all I'd like to point out that I was asked to race about 10 minutes before the lobby opened so I had absolutely 0 practice! Razz

Quali - Pole
Had a bit of lag which meant I looked further behind than I actually was, was very surprised with pole as my lap was very scruffy since I hadn't played the game in over a day lol.

Race - 3rd
Blunder of the race weekend: I didn't change my setup before the race.
Absolute nightmare when I remembered I was stuck on the crappy engineer setup, the full fuel tanks helped me a bit and I was still in contention but as fuel wore off my pace was absolutely nowhere to be found, before the safety car it was easily the worst race I had ever done on F1 2012, losing a second a lap to the leaders and a 6 lap kers failure left me longing for the race to end....
Safety car came out and nearly cost me a podium as it brought Liam onto my rear end and I just couldn't match the leaders with my horrible setup. On the whole though it's a good first race and I absolutely hope to be fighting for the wins when I make a return Smile

Thanks for allowing me to race.

Back to top Go down

Post by jamesboro1993 Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:03 pm

Qualy - was purple first sector, tenth down second sector, then half a second down last sector lol 2nd place.

Race - well, got off the line and round the first corner maintaining 2nd place, 2nd corner, BOOM my bad luck and Hungary strikes, went wide and went don to 7th.
Had a good little battle with FM, Gav and Liam. Done 3 stints on the primes as my tires were eating away so fast as you'll see on my vid. Then, Dids I think it was crashed his car right in front of me, SC came out, lap 63, lost connection, just my luck.

jamesboro1993

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down