Wheel2WheelRacing
Welcome to the Wheel2WheelRacing Playstation 4 F1 League! Thanks for Visiting!

We are a website of clean and enthusiastic drivers, and you can join us by creating a free account, clicking 'Register'. If possible, please use your PSN username - this will make it easier for you and League Moderators to add each other.

After signing up, write a post in the 'Welcome to W2WR' section letting us know, and we will arrange a quick induction with you in a private online lobby. Getting approval in this session with a League Moderator will grant you access to start racing in the Leagues.

Look forward to seeing you on track,
Wheel2WheelRacing Website Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wheel2WheelRacing
Welcome to the Wheel2WheelRacing Playstation 4 F1 League! Thanks for Visiting!

We are a website of clean and enthusiastic drivers, and you can join us by creating a free account, clicking 'Register'. If possible, please use your PSN username - this will make it easier for you and League Moderators to add each other.

After signing up, write a post in the 'Welcome to W2WR' section letting us know, and we will arrange a quick induction with you in a private online lobby. Getting approval in this session with a League Moderator will grant you access to start racing in the Leagues.

Look forward to seeing you on track,
Wheel2WheelRacing Website Team
Wheel2WheelRacing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AL2's Hungarian GP - Podium Press Conference

Go down

AL2's Hungarian GP - Podium Press Conference Empty AL2's Hungarian GP - Podium Press Conference

Post by Gonk721 Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:34 pm

Welcome ladies and gentlemen to the press conference room here at the Hungaroring in Budapest, and what a race we had for you and us to watch and enjoy. After an ever changing race in the weather throughout, and as a result, we had a lot of retirements, and only 3 finishers and they join us today. Please welcome D_Dastardly, Bloomstar and SnoopMarky.

Welcome gentlemen and well done on not only being the only ones to finish a difficult race but to secure the podium steps. we would like to start with our race winner, D_Dastardly.

Q1: Well done on another podium. This is your 3rd race win and 5th podium this season. How are you feeling?

A1: Thanks Dean, those challenging conditions took 70% of the grid out of the race so I felt lucky, relieved & happy to finish, never mind crossing the line 1st. (Very Happy ) My grats' go to fellow survivors Bloomstar & SnoopMarky. (Smile )

Q2: Our current drivers' title leader made a mistake due to the changing weather which allowed you to close the gap to 2pts. Do you think that now it is that close, you, DaveJ and SnoopMarky will have a great battle to the end of the season?

A2: Yeah, I've not spoken to Dave yet, on lap 1 it looked like he spun out coming off the kerb after T4 when he was behind me but I'm not sure, he could have just as easily been trying to avoid a collision, either way it was an abrupt end to his race unfortunately. There's more than half the field capable of winning in this league on any given day, we've all had our share os DNF's as well so I'm sure we'll all be giving it a go up to the last race, not just the drivers mentioned.

Thank you D_Dastardly, we'll come back to you after we have spoken to the other drivers.

We would like to come to you Bloomstar as our P2 man.

Q1: You seem to be getting it together at the moment by getting your 4th podium. Did you think it would be possible to get this many podiums so far?

A1: Yeah, I'm feeling good in the RedBull car, with my teamie there to encourage me to bring points home for the team, it's a great feeling. The aim now would be to bring a win home for RedBull.

Q2: That seemed a very difficult race for your teammate and the majority of the grid but you and the other podium drivers managed to make it to the end. How was it for you?

A2: Losing my teammate early in the race was a blow for the team but he is still hanging on to both Drivers' and Constructors' title right now so that eases the pain. ( Wink ). The race was great for me, I felt like I had excellent pace all race but unfortunately had to have 2 new wings trying to push to get past cars that was suffering in the wet conditions. ( Sad ). But a well driven race by D_Datardly to beat me across the finish line. (Smile ). Well done to Dastardly and well done Snoop for hanging in a long tough race. ( Smile ).

Thank you Bloom and well done.

We can now come to you, Snoop for securing P3.

Q1: Well done on your 3rd podium. This now puts you 3rd in the Drivers' title. Do you feel that you can push it and keep the battle with DaveJ and Dastardly going?

A1: It was a tricky race for all. It's a shame we had a spin at the start as we could've battled with the top runners as pace was good-ish.

Q2: How was the race conditions for you, seeing as the 3 drivers up here were the only ones to finish?

A2: The weather played a big part in the race. It's always going to be tricky in the changing conditions. For example, we decided to run deep on inters, several laps longer than the first and second and we were catching for a while. Sadly 3mins down and behind P2, it just meant we ended up testing diffs for the remainder of the race as we were the last car. ( Neutral )

Thank you Snoop and also well done.

We would like to come back to you Dastardly for our final question of the day.

Q3: That was a very difficult race, How was it for you?

A3: On full wets and inters I had no problems, I was enjoying the race with AllShot & my teammate until I made the race difficult for myself by pitting for dry tyres on a still wet track (good call by CHM on staying out on inters, unlucky with the spin out though bud), really thought I'd thrown it away then, 40-50 were the worst to drive in, just had to lighten up on the pedal until the track slowly dried then paced myself to the end trying to not make any mistakes. Thanks. ( Neutral )

Thank you Dastardly and congratulations on the race win.

Thank you gentlemen for joining us and well done on surviving an almighty difficult race, and we will let you all go and celebrate with your teams.

Thank you ladies and gentlemen for also joining us here at the Hungaroring and we'll see you all at Autodromo Nazionale Monza in Monza, Italy.

Gonk721

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum