Wheel2WheelRacing
Welcome to the Wheel2WheelRacing Playstation 4 F1 League! Thanks for Visiting!

We are a website of clean and enthusiastic drivers, and you can join us by creating a free account, clicking 'Register'. If possible, please use your PSN username - this will make it easier for you and League Moderators to add each other.

After signing up, write a post in the 'Welcome to W2WR' section letting us know, and we will arrange a quick induction with you in a private online lobby. Getting approval in this session with a League Moderator will grant you access to start racing in the Leagues.

Look forward to seeing you on track,
Wheel2WheelRacing Website Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wheel2WheelRacing
Welcome to the Wheel2WheelRacing Playstation 4 F1 League! Thanks for Visiting!

We are a website of clean and enthusiastic drivers, and you can join us by creating a free account, clicking 'Register'. If possible, please use your PSN username - this will make it easier for you and League Moderators to add each other.

After signing up, write a post in the 'Welcome to W2WR' section letting us know, and we will arrange a quick induction with you in a private online lobby. Getting approval in this session with a League Moderator will grant you access to start racing in the Leagues.

Look forward to seeing you on track,
Wheel2WheelRacing Website Team
Wheel2WheelRacing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jump Starts.

2 posters

Go down

Jump Starts. Empty Jump Starts.

Post by McDASTARDLY-00- Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:55 pm

There's been a couple of minor jump starts since the game made it possible to do so with 'Manual Starts' but after AL2's race last Friday in Belgium i think something/an instruction should be put in place to stop the offending driver from being able to do as happened in the video below, the Force India was in 6th place on the grid, jumped the lights & ghosted through the cars ahead & took the lead. (it was accidental, hand slipped, bit of panic & he kept the gas on)  
Because no other rule than the 'in game' penalty (a drive through) is in place, the Force India was able to hold onto his 'advantage' & would've served his drive thru at the end of lap 1 (in this case, he told us on the mic, but it could've been served on lap 2 or 3 as well) unfortunately he couldn't keep the gap, made a few mistakes on a wet track & caused the drivers behind to back off eventually resulting in damage to the pole sitter, (in this case, me, but it could happen in any race & CM will probably have the Manual Start option for many games to come so think about 'what if it happens again?')

It was a mistake, it's not being appealed & i think the 'drive through' penalty is more than enough for a doing a jump start providing no other incidents occur before it's served, it's a game remember, real cars don't get to ghost through the field if they 'jump the lights', so i'm going to suggest that the offending driver pulls off the track as soon as it's safe to do so & returns to track either in his original grid position or OR goes to the back of the field.

This will hopefully be discussed at the next FiA meeting, if you have any input regarding this 'suggestion', post it up below.

Thanks.
McDASTARDLY-00-
McDASTARDLY-00-

Back to top Go down

Jump Starts. Empty Re: Jump Starts.

Post by Gonk721 Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:11 pm

I totally agree and also believe something has to be done cos this could cause major advantages by the 3rd lap to serve a drive through especially on a dry track where makor track grip is there....

I would also like to suggest a discussion at the next FIA meeting about people recieving in game penalties for exceeding track limits when going wide coming out of certain corners and recieving warnings or penalties. I have a feeling that some who recieve them might appeal the penalties.

Gonk721

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum