Wheel2WheelRacing
Welcome to the Wheel2WheelRacing Playstation 4 F1 League! Thanks for Visiting!

We are a website of clean and enthusiastic drivers, and you can join us by creating a free account, clicking 'Register'. If possible, please use your PSN username - this will make it easier for you and League Moderators to add each other.

After signing up, write a post in the 'Welcome to W2WR' section letting us know, and we will arrange a quick induction with you in a private online lobby. Getting approval in this session with a League Moderator will grant you access to start racing in the Leagues.

Look forward to seeing you on track,
Wheel2WheelRacing Website Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wheel2WheelRacing
Welcome to the Wheel2WheelRacing Playstation 4 F1 League! Thanks for Visiting!

We are a website of clean and enthusiastic drivers, and you can join us by creating a free account, clicking 'Register'. If possible, please use your PSN username - this will make it easier for you and League Moderators to add each other.

After signing up, write a post in the 'Welcome to W2WR' section letting us know, and we will arrange a quick induction with you in a private online lobby. Getting approval in this session with a League Moderator will grant you access to start racing in the Leagues.

Look forward to seeing you on track,
Wheel2WheelRacing Website Team
Wheel2WheelRacing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestions/ Problems

5 posters

Go down

Suggestions/ Problems Empty Suggestions/ Problems

Post by hudunikibolokov Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:48 am

As I've messaged many of you on PSN, if you have any suggestions to make it a more enjoyable experience for you all or if you have any problems feel free to contact me, one of the moderators, one of the stewards or the admin. We are here for you and to solve any issues you may have.
hudunikibolokov
hudunikibolokov

Back to top Go down

Suggestions/ Problems Empty Re: Suggestions/ Problems

Post by hudunikibolokov Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:49 am

Here are a couple of your suggestions and problems, anonymously:

Rolling restart- Strange rolling restart.
Rolling restart- I don't really like the safety car start, somebody spun me out and I started a position down to where I should have been.
Reserve driver- I think reserve driver points shouldn't be awarded to anything as it makes it unfair and the championship invalid.

Last edited by hudunikibolokov PL Mod on Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
hudunikibolokov
hudunikibolokov

Back to top Go down

Post by tallboy_rocks Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:48 am

I will second both of those suggestions. The rolling restart we did at Silverstone was a mess with at least 3 collisions/spin outs that I saw and I started a position down from where I should have as well.
tallboy_rocks
tallboy_rocks

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC26KnF8d0BVRS3sAA0Twm6w

Back to top Go down

Post by Lii4M_ Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:10 am

Sometimes there is no other way of doing a restart
Lii4M_
Lii4M_

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:16 am

if there needs to be a restart you could just do 1 shot qualy. in the UK GP I lost a front wing because someone broke heavily in the middle of the hangar straight.

Thanks, Cillian

Back to top Go down

Post by Lii4M_ Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:42 am

not if we have to do one after qualy for say a mass disconnect. not fair on the guy on pole if he looses out sue to osq imo.
Lii4M_
Lii4M_

Back to top Go down

Post by tallboy_rocks Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:17 pm

I think we just need to be clearer with drivers about rules under a rolling restart ie:no weaving on straights so other drivers are free to go through and no random heavy braking surprising the drivers behind.
tallboy_rocks
tallboy_rocks

Back to top Go down

Post by hudunikibolokov Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:04 pm

The PL does OSQ every week instead of normally qualifying as it mix's it all up and it's been a success, maybe put it to a vote by the AL2 drivers?
hudunikibolokov
hudunikibolokov

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:25 pm

I hate osq coz i start on primes and that would not suit me as i need 3 laps to get in the groove

Back to top Go down

Post by Derek Warwick Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:49 pm

Can I just investigate with Liam and/or Steward as to why a rolling restart was even used? It isn't part of our rules.

Indeed, I refer all to the guidance of the League Rules on in-race disconnections: 

13. If 1 or more of drivers have LAG in qualifying or lose connection in the loading screen transition from Qualifying to Race, then a Red Flag can be applied. A restarted Qualifying session will be formed, and where applicable, a new lobby host designated. 

14. If 1 or more drivers lose connection before the first 5 laps of the race, it may be restarted. However, if you lose connection after the lead car has started Lap 5 the race will sadly continue without you. 

15. Each race weekend can include a maximum of 2 restarts for disconnections or other problems. But each driver is only allowed 1 personal restart.

In addition to this framework, depending on how early or late the 1st attempt at starting the race weekend was, the Moderator and Steward should jointly decide whether there is enough time to do a full 15-minute qualy, if not, then OSQ should be used.

I sense the rule about SC restarts has been mistakenly adopted by those who run Leagues on other websites - an understandable confusion. But we don't use them here at W2WR - from past experience of the exact issues some have correctly pointed out caused them problems during the formation lap.

Con_reece, I sympathize with your angle about using a prime tyre strategy and it not necessarily suiting the OSQ scenario. But if you feel it takes you 3 laps to get into the race smoothly, then maybe using the slower and harder compound at every track isn't such a good idea anyway? 

Best Wishes,
Derek.
Derek Warwick
Derek Warwick

Back to top Go down

Post by hudunikibolokov Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:59 pm

I fully sympathize with the newest suggestion. "Reserve driver- I think reserve driver points shouldn't be awarded to anything as it makes it unfair and the championship invalid." What do you guys think?
hudunikibolokov
hudunikibolokov

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:08 pm

No I mean in quali it takes me 3 laps

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:09 pm

Well reserve drivers are doing U a favour so they should be repayed

Back to top Go down

Post by Lii4M_ Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:37 pm

Safety car was also used in AL1 last night, I am stewarding and Mod for AL2 atm, Qualy had finished someone lost connection just before we were about to go to racing. I didnt think it would be fair on the pole sitter to either restart qualifying or do OSQ just in case said person did loose pole. Its not their fault someone lost connection is it?.

Also I disagree that reserves shouldnt score points. There would be no other incentive really as to why should i race in AL2 if i dont score any points? just going to turn up and not even be accounted for.
Lii4M_
Lii4M_

Back to top Go down

Post by tallboy_rocks Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:15 pm

I agree that we shouldn't re-do qualy after qualy has finished. It's not fair to those who set fast lap times and are rightly rewarded with a high starting position. With OSQ anything can happen and someone who should be starting on pole could make a horrendous mistake and end up starting last. This could also lead to an element of gamesmanship (although I am confident everyone will live up to a higher code of honour than this) if someone has a bad qualy, turning their console off/on, claiming a loss of connection and getting a second attempt to qualify for the race. Unfortunatley people losing connection is something we will all have to live with but I don't see why people should be punished because someone elso has lost connection. Also, with the ammount of connection drops there could be a situation where all races start with an abandoned qualy and all becomes OSQ. I know I proposed this idea before with a more favourable attitude to OSQ but since we have started this I have been putting more effort into finding a setup that works for me in the week leading up to the race and I would hate for this to be thrown away because of a connection failure. Let's be fair the generic engineer setups are rubbish and everyone starting on the same tyre robs the strategic element of the game.

On the reserve driver front I can understand both viewpoints. I know I wouldn't be overly impressed if say daflukey(nothing personal) won the DC after reserving in a few of our races. However the CC points should definatley count towards the end of season total in my opinion.
tallboy_rocks
tallboy_rocks

Back to top Go down

Post by S007PS Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:51 pm

i agree with tallboy on the reserve driver front

Perhaps reserve drivers should be commended by any points they earn during a GP can be awarded ONLY to the team that they are 'filling in ' for
As reserve drivers are NOT competing in the official league drivers championship any points earned should not be added to the DC league but noted as a contribution towards the constructors league?
This way might allow drivers from other leagues to cover/fill in for one another to maximise the grid etc but allowing the drivers championship to remain unaffected?
S007PS
S007PS

Back to top Go down

Post by hudunikibolokov Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:00 pm

Yeah I agree with tallboy and S007ps, The way I work it in PL is that I acknowledge the points they gain in the DC but they can't pass the actual drivers in the championship but they can battle it out with other reserve driver I.E. the table will look like this

1. Driver 1 Ferrari 10 pts
2. Driver 2 Force India 8 pts
3. Driver 3 Reserve 25 pts
4. Driver 4 Reserve 18 pts

And any points they get for a constructor is added on in which they can choose which team to drive for if multiple people are asking them to reserve for them.
hudunikibolokov
hudunikibolokov

Back to top Go down

Post by Lii4M_ Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:29 pm

that would mess up my spreadsheet Razz i just wont award them driver points.
Lii4M_
Lii4M_

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down