Wheel2WheelRacing
Welcome to the Wheel2WheelRacing Playstation 4 F1 League! Thanks for Visiting!

We are a website of clean and enthusiastic drivers, and you can join us by creating a free account, clicking 'Register'. If possible, please use your PSN username - this will make it easier for you and League Moderators to add each other.

After signing up, write a post in the 'Welcome to W2WR' section letting us know, and we will arrange a quick induction with you in a private online lobby. Getting approval in this session with a League Moderator will grant you access to start racing in the Leagues.

Look forward to seeing you on track,
Wheel2WheelRacing Website Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wheel2WheelRacing
Welcome to the Wheel2WheelRacing Playstation 4 F1 League! Thanks for Visiting!

We are a website of clean and enthusiastic drivers, and you can join us by creating a free account, clicking 'Register'. If possible, please use your PSN username - this will make it easier for you and League Moderators to add each other.

After signing up, write a post in the 'Welcome to W2WR' section letting us know, and we will arrange a quick induction with you in a private online lobby. Getting approval in this session with a League Moderator will grant you access to start racing in the Leagues.

Look forward to seeing you on track,
Wheel2WheelRacing Website Team
Wheel2WheelRacing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Formula 1 '14

4 posters

Go down

Formula 1 '14  Empty Formula 1 '14

Post by McDASTARDLY-00- Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:37 pm

cheers gotta call this aft. from the local gaming shop saying the new game'll be in my hands on Thursday Very Happy...I hope.
McDASTARDLY-00-
McDASTARDLY-00-

Back to top Go down

Formula 1 '14  Empty Re: Formula 1 '14

Post by Aletdownofstate Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:39 pm

I should have the PC version on Wednesday Very Happy
Aletdownofstate
Aletdownofstate

http://tinyurl.com/nznnf46

Back to top Go down

Post by leedamastr PL Mod Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:00 pm

hoping amazon decide to make a balls up of this game and release it earlier like with GTA V Smile
leedamastr PL Mod
leedamastr PL Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by TopmanTaylor Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:27 pm

lol,me too, i think its about weight of numbers

if they have more pre orders than they can possibly ship in one day, they will ship some a day early

TopmanTaylor

Back to top Go down

Post by leedamastr PL Mod Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:31 pm

I'm just waiting for the despatch email, should get it either tonight or tomorrow Smile

EDIT: the email, not the game itself.
leedamastr PL Mod
leedamastr PL Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Aletdownofstate Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:57 pm

Most major retailers will have physical copies already (GAME etc) and probably have for a week or more, the game went gold ages ago. They just can't shift them yet. Smaller retailers likes Grainger and other independents can pretty much give them to you when they want.

Online retailers are the way to go usually when getting stuff early as they face a shit ton of complaints if they miss getting it you by release day. Wish I'd actually ordered the PS3 version online this time >_>;
Aletdownofstate
Aletdownofstate

Back to top Go down

Post by leedamastr PL Mod Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:03 pm

I got 2013 from Amazon last year on launch sadly Sad other games i bought from ASDA on launch day and 2010 was an xmas present with the ps3.
leedamastr PL Mod
leedamastr PL Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by McDASTARDLY-00- Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:32 pm

Buy local, fu** Amazon, off to pick my game up right now Very Happy
McDASTARDLY-00-
McDASTARDLY-00-

Back to top Go down

Post by Aletdownofstate Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:39 pm

I've been playing the PC version for a few hours now.

So far it's pretty good. DFGT users will be pleased to know you don't seem to need to fanny around with wheel settings to get it to be useable, it was fine straight away for me, and the PC version is usually more or less the same as the PS3 version in that respect, my settings are usually the same.

I don't know whether it's my smooth ass driving style (haha) or what, but fuel saving is a thing, but I've not had any problems with it. Just did a 25% at Abu Dhabi. Ran high fuel mix from lap 1 through to 11/14, only at that point did it go to -1 lap.

Lifting and coasting works a lot, as does short shifting/hitting the lights, for fuel. It's probably not really an issue at all on anything other than 100%.

It's pretty much impossible to lock up the fronts apparently, only done it the once and that was when I was riding a curb fully, even then it was very easy to recover from without going wide.

Traction control is either super strong this time, or the cars aren't effected by wheelspin much, because medium TC feels like 2013 on high and TC off feels like 2013 with it on medium.

Bahrain looks fucking awesome.

Hamilton has God mode on or something on Legend AI because he's nigh on impossible to catch once he's away, even in the Merc. Other than that, the AI is way more aggressive in terms of overtake attempts and doesn't seem to be quite as stupid on the first lap.

Overall first impressions though, the game seems very polished and feels like the zenith of what Codies have been able to achieve on current gen (lol) tech. Now I just need someone to release an updated Williams skin so it's the proper one >_>
Aletdownofstate
Aletdownofstate

Back to top Go down

Post by McDASTARDLY-00- Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:06 pm

DFGT wheel settings were all zero'd, didn't like it so put '13 settings in, lots better but i'll tweek when I get time. Not done any distance races yet but I like the 'lift & coast, brake late' etc. i'll get off factory settings tonight & try'n burn thru a few tracks, Sochi is a blast, next up RedBull Ring Very Happy
McDASTARDLY-00-
McDASTARDLY-00-

Back to top Go down

Post by Aletdownofstate Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:46 pm

Yeah Sochi is pretty fun, S3 is quite tough to get right too. Back in the early 2000's A1 Ring was my favourite track on the calendar so glad it's back. Lot of fun to drive and looks beautiful.
Aletdownofstate
Aletdownofstate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down