Wheel2WheelRacing
Welcome to the Wheel2WheelRacing Playstation 4 F1 League! Thanks for Visiting!

We are a website of clean and enthusiastic drivers, and you can join us by creating a free account, clicking 'Register'. If possible, please use your PSN username - this will make it easier for you and League Moderators to add each other.

After signing up, write a post in the 'Welcome to W2WR' section letting us know, and we will arrange a quick induction with you in a private online lobby. Getting approval in this session with a League Moderator will grant you access to start racing in the Leagues.

Look forward to seeing you on track,
Wheel2WheelRacing Website Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wheel2WheelRacing
Welcome to the Wheel2WheelRacing Playstation 4 F1 League! Thanks for Visiting!

We are a website of clean and enthusiastic drivers, and you can join us by creating a free account, clicking 'Register'. If possible, please use your PSN username - this will make it easier for you and League Moderators to add each other.

After signing up, write a post in the 'Welcome to W2WR' section letting us know, and we will arrange a quick induction with you in a private online lobby. Getting approval in this session with a League Moderator will grant you access to start racing in the Leagues.

Look forward to seeing you on track,
Wheel2WheelRacing Website Team
Wheel2WheelRacing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hungary GP - Penalties

4 posters

Go down

Hungary GP - Penalties  Empty Hungary GP - Penalties

Post by Lii4M_ Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:09 am

Post Below..

Last edited by Lii4M_ AL2 Mod on Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:44 am; edited 5 times in total
Lii4M_
Lii4M_

Back to top Go down

Hungary GP - Penalties  Empty Re: Hungary GP - Penalties

Post by Guest Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:43 am

Qualy ban for Mercedes at Spa - Mercedes was involved in two incidents. After FiA reviewed all footage available, it was decided that the Force India played no part in the first incident between Mercedes and Barwell. 

In the latter incident along the pit straight between the same drivers, it was categorically felt that Mercedes' sudden 'swerve' was dangerous driving, not warranted, and we feel that the punishment is a clear indication of how the FiA feel about this type of incident.

However, it should be stressed to all AL2 drivers that Mercedes is an experienced online racer, and is usually a very clean driver, so everyone put this incident behind them and move on.

2 point deduction for Madman - Involved in two incidents; although the FiA sympathise that he received a 10-second penalty from the game for one, and wasn't able to give the place back during the second. However, after receiving in-game punishment for Incident 1, FiA felt better care was needed to avoid a similar collision for the rest of the race - and the manner with which Madman left his car placed at the corner's apex without enough conviction to produce an overtake, when he had chance to back out of the move, warranted a punishment.

4 point deduction for con_reece - having impacted upon 2 drivers' races at once, adequate punishment was required. FiA felt that not enough care and attention was shown to either the corner's braking zone, or the subsequent concertina effect which would ensue by the two cars passing through the said corner. Taking out two people in one corner is not acceptable.

Tables to be updated in due course.

Back to top Go down

Post by madman_281 Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:32 am

i want to say something for both incidents! first incident at the chicane, i use dynamic racing line, and as we approached the chicane mercedes was over the dynamic racing line so i couldnt see where the braking part was, so i pulled out to the right to get a better look and by that time i saw the red line so i braked, i was still on the right and obviously took a little bit more speed than mercedes meaning i touched his back and spun him! i have seen much worse incidents than this and i also got a 10second penalty for it, i when i was speaking to the steward in the race he agred with me that it was hard to see the braking points as mercedes was blocking it! the second incident, i touched him by the tiniest margina and spun him, but i SLOWED way down near enough letting my opponents i was battling with through just to let the person i knocked off through which shows hom much of a sporting driver i am. during my times on this website i have NEVER been involved in any accidents and in budapest i was involved in two really small incidents in my mind, and i also feel every corner on a race track can be a place for an overtake and i dont feel a points deduction is really necessary when other drivers like mercedes only gets a bloody quali ban, why cant i have something like a 5grid place penalty:/
madman_281
madman_281

Back to top Go down

Post by Lii4M_ Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:05 am

Qualy ban is much worse than 2 points in the fia's eyes. He has to start from the back of the grid. It will be harder for him to score good points. Where as you will be fighting for the win and will more than likely recoup these 2 points straight away.

Also I'd like to point out that i can see your point about you using the line, but Mercedes is just following the racing line, it isn't really a valid excuse for hitting someone mate.
Lii4M_
Lii4M_

Back to top Go down

Post by madman_281 Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:36 am

i know im not saying it is an excuse, but for the 1st incident i got a penalty and the second i was giving the place back so i didnt think i should be given a points deduction as i had a penalty and was going to give the place back, and even you know i havent been involved in any incidents prior to this race! ive seen people just get a warning so why cant i have a warning rather than a points deduction for my very first incident on this website....
madman_281
madman_281

Back to top Go down

Post by Lii4M_ Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:39 pm

Because the fia felt you didn't learn from your first incident in the race, and went on to cause another similar incident.
Lii4M_
Lii4M_

Back to top Go down

Post by madman_281 Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:41 pm

if theres nothing i can say or do to change the FIA's mind then so be it, however i think its is unfair, looking back at valencia F1 Stevo veered from side to side to stop con_reece from overtaking him which is dangerous and not sporting and he only got a 1point deduction, i clip someone, get a penalty and a 2point deduction!
madman_281
madman_281

Back to top Go down

Post by Lii4M_ Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:53 pm

He only caused the one incident though, Mercedes punishment is worse than stevos.
Lii4M_
Lii4M_

Back to top Go down

Post by barwell74 Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:04 pm

I do agree with madman, if there was a full grid of al2 drivers then a quali ban would be worse off, but with a grid of 10-12 (going on the average of the 3 races I've done) doesn't seem to be a worse punishment then a points deduction,
barwell74
barwell74

Back to top Go down

Post by Lii4M_ Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:07 pm

It was the fia's decision mate. Your more than welcome to come to the next meeting.
Lii4M_
Lii4M_

Back to top Go down

Post by Derek Warwick Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:19 pm

The idea of giving Mercedes a qualy ban is that it provides him with inconvenience for his misdemeanor, whilst also providing him opportunity to either sink or swim, if he were to demonstrate such driving again. 

So, of course, there is theoretical potential for him to still drive through the entire field and win; however, if he's going to do so, he will need to demonstrate that all his close-quarter-driving skills are improved, and that he took note of his original punishment. 

We try to hand down penalties in a way that means we're not just bashing people over the head, but give each guilty party motivation and explanation to avoid such errors in the future.
Derek Warwick
Derek Warwick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down