Wheel2WheelRacing
Welcome to the Wheel2WheelRacing Playstation 4 F1 League! Thanks for Visiting!

We are a website of clean and enthusiastic drivers, and you can join us by creating a free account, clicking 'Register'. If possible, please use your PSN username - this will make it easier for you and League Moderators to add each other.

After signing up, write a post in the 'Welcome to W2WR' section letting us know, and we will arrange a quick induction with you in a private online lobby. Getting approval in this session with a League Moderator will grant you access to start racing in the Leagues.

Look forward to seeing you on track,
Wheel2WheelRacing Website Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wheel2WheelRacing
Welcome to the Wheel2WheelRacing Playstation 4 F1 League! Thanks for Visiting!

We are a website of clean and enthusiastic drivers, and you can join us by creating a free account, clicking 'Register'. If possible, please use your PSN username - this will make it easier for you and League Moderators to add each other.

After signing up, write a post in the 'Welcome to W2WR' section letting us know, and we will arrange a quick induction with you in a private online lobby. Getting approval in this session with a League Moderator will grant you access to start racing in the Leagues.

Look forward to seeing you on track,
Wheel2WheelRacing Website Team
Wheel2WheelRacing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alternative to one shot quali?

+2
S007PS
barwell74
6 posters

Go down

Alternative to one shot quali?  Empty Alternative to one shot quali?

Post by barwell74 Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:47 am

Firstly i would just like say I take my hat off to sensible drivers in this league, well done boys.

But seeing how In quali I went from 4th to 9th because of the stupid one shot quali, I've thought of a different way to do the quali instead of the one shot quali if there's a restart, I suggest you start normal quali, but only have 5 mins to do a lap, that way drivers can use their own setups, on the tyres they would like to start on, and if drivers are caught doing a lap outside the time limit ( unless they crossed the line in time) then they must abort the lap or be dealt with accordingly?
barwell74
barwell74

Back to top Go down

Alternative to one shot quali?  Empty Re: Alternative to one shot quali?

Post by S007PS Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:13 pm

Well I for one second this idea. Should a restart b needed surely this is a fairer way for a league to determine the grid? And too continue to utilise setups & encourage race strategies ? I understand OSQ is a quicker option to sort out & i sympathise with the host/mod who is eager to get the race underway in the event of a restart
But after failed safety car attempts at a restart which sadly some people cannot grasp the idea of ( people trying to jump positions) & QSQ basically throwing strategies/setups ( im sure people have worked hard on)out the window
A majority should not be put at a disadvantage due to a minority
S007PS
S007PS

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:37 pm

I like that idea yeah.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:43 pm

Me too

Back to top Go down

Post by tallboy_rocks Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:55 pm

No more saftey cars please.
tallboy_rocks
tallboy_rocks

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC26KnF8d0BVRS3sAA0Twm6w

Back to top Go down

Post by Derek Warwick Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:18 pm

This is a very interesting suggestion gents, and appreciate the inventiveness shown. The FiA will discuss this as soon as possible with regard to implementation - change to such rules would need to be phased into all Leagues, as opposed to just individual ones; so we will need to assess this.

The only concern I can imagine, is that this is going to be an immensely busy on-track 5 minutes, as everyone will have to be out - particularly on small tracks - and I can foresee arguments flaring up between drivers for any potential 'tactical' blocking, or more likely 'perceived' blocking. But obviously this seems to be a very trusting League, so would likely be an excellent place to try an experiment in due course.

Best Wishes,
Derek.
Derek Warwick
Derek Warwick

Back to top Go down

Post by barwell74 Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:24 pm

Yeah I can understand that it would be a really busy track. but I just think it would be a more accurate starting grid than OSQ because of the people that spend time setting up their cars.

Well how about a 10 minute quali instead of 5 minutes? when the engineer says that there's 5 minutes remaining, thats the cut off point, if you haven't crossed the line in time, then you have to retire or pull into the pits immediately, then racers can have there 5 minute break aswell, then when its race day they have 2 mins to sort out their strategy?

in response to your concern about arguments being flared up between drivers for potential blocking, ive been looking at the highlights in AL1 and the PL league, they have much more cleaner drivers then AL2, (im not saying that everyone in this league aren't clean) but some cant seem to even follow a simple instruction to stay behind the car in front during a safety car restart without slamming into the back of someone and destroying both there cars. in the other leagues they don't seem to have this problem, its happened twice in four races now in AL2 and I don't want it to become more frequent then it already is, In my opinion i feel OSQ and the safety car restarts isn't the answer

barwell74
barwell74

Back to top Go down

Post by Lii4M_ Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:31 pm

i asked everyone what they wanted to do, and everybody wanted to do a safety car, i asked everyone to press green for osq or leave it blank for sc and every body left it blank.
Lii4M_
Lii4M_

Back to top Go down

Post by McDASTARDLY-00- Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:58 am

osq sucks, nothing wrong with a safety car Lii4m just certain drivers following it, there is no reason 2 be anywhere near the car in front of u for a lap & a half & having stupid accidents long before the safety car line, get a grip guys, its not that hard. maybe easier for me cos im not up front with the quick drivers but we had 53 laps to race not 1, if PL & AL1 can do it....
McDASTARDLY-00-
McDASTARDLY-00-

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum