Wheel2WheelRacing
Welcome to the Wheel2WheelRacing Playstation 4 F1 League! Thanks for Visiting!

We are a website of clean and enthusiastic drivers, and you can join us by creating a free account, clicking 'Register'. If possible, please use your PSN username - this will make it easier for you and League Moderators to add each other.

After signing up, write a post in the 'Welcome to W2WR' section letting us know, and we will arrange a quick induction with you in a private online lobby. Getting approval in this session with a League Moderator will grant you access to start racing in the Leagues.

Look forward to seeing you on track,
Wheel2WheelRacing Website Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wheel2WheelRacing
Welcome to the Wheel2WheelRacing Playstation 4 F1 League! Thanks for Visiting!

We are a website of clean and enthusiastic drivers, and you can join us by creating a free account, clicking 'Register'. If possible, please use your PSN username - this will make it easier for you and League Moderators to add each other.

After signing up, write a post in the 'Welcome to W2WR' section letting us know, and we will arrange a quick induction with you in a private online lobby. Getting approval in this session with a League Moderator will grant you access to start racing in the Leagues.

Look forward to seeing you on track,
Wheel2WheelRacing Website Team
Wheel2WheelRacing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good luck and have fun!

5 posters

Go down

Good luck and have fun! Empty Good luck and have fun!

Post by hudunikibolokov Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:26 am

Two weeks ago we set today as the start date of AL3 and with only a number of drivers announced, I'm pleased to see it is now in a state to have it's first race on schedule. I bid you all good luck in your short first season and remember have fun and engage in our online community, this can be achieved by getting involved in our other projects or just having a friendly chat with our other members in our chatbox at the bottom of the site.
hudunikibolokov
hudunikibolokov

Back to top Go down

Good luck and have fun! Empty Re: Good luck and have fun!

Post by The Phoenix Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:32 pm

good luck lads and girls
The Phoenix
The Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:43 pm

My Internet went off on lap 39 when I was leading by a minute Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by RosstheIcon Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:04 pm

that race was yours mate, unlucky
RosstheIcon
RosstheIcon

Back to top Go down

Post by Aletdownofstate Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:08 pm

Yeah man, unlucky.

All in all it was a good race. 9/14+steward people and made it to the race, with only one disconnect and one retirement due to an engine failure.

It looks like it's going to be a pretty close season, the top few seem to be close on pace, and the rest of us are all pretty even too.

No incidents that I'm aware of and everyone was on time and obeyed the 5 minute wait after qualies. Going to be a good remainder of the season!
Aletdownofstate
Aletdownofstate

http://tinyurl.com/nznnf46

Back to top Go down

Post by RosstheIcon Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:12 pm

I lost 40 seconds collecting a Chinese, got a puncture, had a Mark Webber-esque start and accidently nudged off benappleby Romain Grosjean-style (for which I let him back through and apologised). Seemed like an incident-packed race for me! Fun race though.
RosstheIcon
RosstheIcon

Back to top Go down

Post by Aletdownofstate Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:14 pm

I was doing alright in 5th/6th until I lost it battling with Blood. Lost about a minute and knackered my front wing.
Aletdownofstate
Aletdownofstate

Back to top Go down

Post by RosstheIcon Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:19 pm

I also overtook Will-I-Am round the outside on the last corner of the race, there was contact which made him spin but I don't think there was anything untoward but I'd like to hear his point of view. Think he was struggling with tyres.
RosstheIcon
RosstheIcon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:21 pm

So far sounds like everyone enjoyed the Al3 kick-off, i'll be patiently waiting to have a look at all your race reports and some replays.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:14 pm

The first 10 laps felt as if I could not turn the car I usually get 1.35/36 laps aww well, what track next week ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:17 pm

U can find your upcoming tracks in the Race Calender section mate, also shows what weather will be run for that certain race, next week you will be racing on Korea, and the weather is set to clear.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aletdownofstate Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:41 pm

I know what you mean. My full fuel pace is awful. It took a good 20 laps for the car to start to feel even remotely normal to me.
Aletdownofstate
Aletdownofstate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:48 pm

RosstheIcon wrote:that race was yours mate, unlucky
I agree I was settling in for 3rd I made a few mistakes at the start my tyres were wrecked at lap 5ish I was sat in 2nd for a long time but Ross was gaining really quick
I had lost my japan setup to so I had to make one up

I watched you pass will I am. Looked to me that after contact he had no traction
And the back end went I could be wrong though

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:43 pm

I made the cardinal sin of spinning and losing my front wing at the first corner coming out of the pits, costing me a whole lap with no front wing and a completely wasted pit stop - ruined my race (the friendly first lap tap into the gravel also didn't help Ross!). Had accepted 5th place with 1 lap left and 6 seconds behind Liam when the message came over the radio "looks like the driver ahead has run out of fuel." Ahh! Never been so excited over 1 lap - got past around the outside of the very last corner

Back to top Go down

Post by Aletdownofstate Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:11 am

So what's everyones thoughts on AL3 so far? Are we enjoying it? Any issues/improvements etc?
Aletdownofstate
Aletdownofstate

Back to top Go down

Post by RosstheIcon Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:52 am

yeah, I just watched it on the recording. Looks like he just cut the corner and drove into me. Can't complain about AL3 so far
RosstheIcon
RosstheIcon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:17 pm

yeah im enjoying first race i know i wont get anywhere in korea im not strong at all on that track some very fast guys in this league

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying_Brit Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:45 pm

I had a pretty average race. My 2 stop strategy didn't work out as planned, because the tyres were wearing quicker than expected. First stop on lap 10, then on lap 34, I had a puncture at the last chicane, but didn't lose too much time. I managed to avoid a recovering Red Bull after turn 2 at some point, which did cost me alittle time.

Now, the final chicane incident. Ross was so much quicker than me and catching me by atleast 4 to 5 seconds a lap. He locked up when passing me, then I saw alittle gap on the inside going out of the chicane, but I took too much kerb and spun. I don't think there was any contact, but it was my bad, sorry pal. Almost the same as Bottas and Sutil in Canada.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to Korea already.
Flying_Brit
Flying_Brit

Back to top Go down

Post by RosstheIcon Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:15 pm

Yeah I can echo Rob's views on the Korea track, it's easily my worst. Yeah, like I said I don't think there's any real issue with that last corner thing, it was never likely that anyone's gonna want to give up at that stage of the race anyway!
RosstheIcon
RosstheIcon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down