Wheel2WheelRacing
Welcome to the Wheel2WheelRacing Playstation 4 F1 League! Thanks for Visiting!

We are a website of clean and enthusiastic drivers, and you can join us by creating a free account, clicking 'Register'. If possible, please use your PSN username - this will make it easier for you and League Moderators to add each other.

After signing up, write a post in the 'Welcome to W2WR' section letting us know, and we will arrange a quick induction with you in a private online lobby. Getting approval in this session with a League Moderator will grant you access to start racing in the Leagues.

Look forward to seeing you on track,
Wheel2WheelRacing Website Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wheel2WheelRacing
Welcome to the Wheel2WheelRacing Playstation 4 F1 League! Thanks for Visiting!

We are a website of clean and enthusiastic drivers, and you can join us by creating a free account, clicking 'Register'. If possible, please use your PSN username - this will make it easier for you and League Moderators to add each other.

After signing up, write a post in the 'Welcome to W2WR' section letting us know, and we will arrange a quick induction with you in a private online lobby. Getting approval in this session with a League Moderator will grant you access to start racing in the Leagues.

Look forward to seeing you on track,
Wheel2WheelRacing Website Team
Wheel2WheelRacing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AL3 From the Cockpit - Korea

2 posters

Go down

AL3 From the Cockpit - Korea Empty AL3 From the Cockpit - Korea

Post by RosstheIcon Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:43 pm

Well I think that I have to open this edition of AL3 FTC by announcing that after two races I lead the championship and Williams lead the constructors! This is a fantastic situation to be in and come as a result of a 2-3 finish for myself and Liam-Mullen-1888 respectively. Ironically though, I also have to announce that winning the championship is going to be extremely unlikely for me since I will most likely miss two races of the curtailed season, due to cricketing commitments next Friday which will require a trip to Wales. My target is therefore to win the Constructors title.

Korean Grand Prix Qualifying was very interesting. Once again I took Pole in the final seconds of the session, but unlike Japan my overall pace was nowhere near that of the other contender for pole, deanocourtney94. On the prime tyres I was about 0.3 seconds off the pace and it's only a switch to options for my last run that saw me take pole. Behind us positions 3-5 were separated by just a tenth of a second, as benappleby, Will-I-Am_3001 and VR6_ROB took those places.

Once again I made a shocking start, although braking late into turn 1 allowed me to slot in second. It also allowed me to avoid what seemed like carnage behind, as Deano and myself sprinted away into an intense battle. Will and bloodandsand15 in the second Red Bull each suffered early reliability issues and disconnected early on, although controversially no restart was forthcoming.

For the first stint myself and Deano had a fantastic battle. I overtook him on lap 2 before he returned the favour a few laps later. For the next few laps I was all over his gearbox but couldn't find a way past. After the first pitstop though, he was absolutely gone and after that absolutely nothing happened in my race.

Elsewhere Liam put in a fantastic performance, taking 3rd after starting in 11th. Rob was taken out at the start and never recovered while AJA-IV had a second engine failure in two races and drove most of his race with smoke pouring from his car. The Force India team will be looking into this, as will other teams using the Mercedes engine.

I will be disappointed to miss next weeks race and wish all drivers the best of luck. It must be said though that I would like everyone to try to beat Deano so that I can stay in this championship! I will still write next weeks column (unless people begin to protest against it!) even though my account of the race may be a little.......fuzzy.

Driver of the Day: deanocourtney94......obviously
Romain Grosjean First Lap Wanker Award: Whoever caused the massive first lap pile-up.
Mercedes GP award for consistent failure to convert Pole Positions: RosstheIcon
Kimi Raikkonen circa 2005 award for driving through the field: Liam-Mullen-1888
RosstheIcon
RosstheIcon

Back to top Go down

AL3 From the Cockpit - Korea Empty Re: AL3 From the Cockpit - Korea

Post by tallboy_rocks Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:00 pm

"Romain Grosjean First Lap Wanker Award?"

I'm going to have to remember that one. Very Happy 
tallboy_rocks
tallboy_rocks

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC26KnF8d0BVRS3sAA0Twm6w