Wheel2WheelRacing
Welcome to the Wheel2WheelRacing Playstation 4 F1 League! Thanks for Visiting!

We are a website of clean and enthusiastic drivers, and you can join us by creating a free account, clicking 'Register'. If possible, please use your PSN username - this will make it easier for you and League Moderators to add each other.

After signing up, write a post in the 'Welcome to W2WR' section letting us know, and we will arrange a quick induction with you in a private online lobby. Getting approval in this session with a League Moderator will grant you access to start racing in the Leagues.

Look forward to seeing you on track,
Wheel2WheelRacing Website Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wheel2WheelRacing
Welcome to the Wheel2WheelRacing Playstation 4 F1 League! Thanks for Visiting!

We are a website of clean and enthusiastic drivers, and you can join us by creating a free account, clicking 'Register'. If possible, please use your PSN username - this will make it easier for you and League Moderators to add each other.

After signing up, write a post in the 'Welcome to W2WR' section letting us know, and we will arrange a quick induction with you in a private online lobby. Getting approval in this session with a League Moderator will grant you access to start racing in the Leagues.

Look forward to seeing you on track,
Wheel2WheelRacing Website Team
Wheel2WheelRacing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Abu Dhabi GP Race Results

5 posters

Go down

Abu Dhabi GP Race Results Empty Abu Dhabi GP Race Results

Post by Aletdownofstate Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:50 pm

Abu Dhabi GP results will go here.
Aletdownofstate
Aletdownofstate

http://tinyurl.com/nznnf46

Back to top Go down

Abu Dhabi GP Race Results Empty Re: Abu Dhabi GP Race Results

Post by Aletdownofstate Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:27 pm

Qualifying Results

Abu Dhabi GP Race Results P_sep011

Race Results

Abu Dhabi GP Race Results Abu_dh10
Aletdownofstate
Aletdownofstate

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying_Brit Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:15 pm

This was probably my best race so far. Front row start, but I missed my chance of pole. I messed up my last lap when I was almost half a second up coming into the final sector.

I had a poor start slipping back to 5th, but stayed in touch with the leaders during my 1st stint. I had to make an early 2nd stop due to the Safety Car coming out. I was 3rd in the small train of cars.

After the Safety Car came in, I dropped to the back whist saving fuel, then I passed Aletdownofstate and Senna in the pits and Ben and Liam on track to finish in 2nd only 5 seconds behind race winner Chaz.

I had some good little battles throughout the race too.
Flying_Brit
Flying_Brit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:33 pm

Was a case of what might have been for me. Thought I was in with a chance of my first win at various points. Was pretty consistently on the pace of the leaders throughout and lead on a few occasions - a couple of mistakes (a spin and damaging my wing) cost me about 10 seconds, and a crash with Liam with about 10 laps to go another 5-10 seconds. Will be good to see the replay - from point of view looked like he steered into the side of me! Ignoring that was leading with just over 15 laps to go - interesting strategic choice at this point with chaz pitting early and undercutting me. Decided not to cover as didn't think my options would go 15 laps, in the hope of catching him late on with his tyres worn. But for the shunt it may have been a close finish. Good race nonetheless - good battles and hard but clean racing. Thanks to tallboy and aletdown for keeping us racing. Bring on the last couple of races! I think I may be leading the championship having not won a race so hoping consistency will continue to be king!

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaz_B_97 Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:40 pm

Race review : Chaz_B_97 - Can't believe I managed a pole-win in my first 100% race.. ever! Started off clean and tried to be cautious in the corners which meant Rob & co. were on my gearbox for the opening laps.. Then, I clipped the kerb at turn 14 and went onto the grass and fell down the field. I was lucky not to lose my wing and soon caught up with my team-mate (Aletdownofstate) and B_Senna. I passed Marc as he 'let me through' Mutli 2-1? and caught up to Senna. I can't remember the lap but after the first Drs straight, I was way too heavy under braking (lack of experience tbh) and lag bubbled into Senna. I let him & Marc back through and never got in a tangle afterwards. I did re-overtake them both soon after but after going under the hotel a couple of laps later, I span into the wall, lost my front wing and thought it was game over.. 5th was my only chance at that stage due to the pack spreading out. However, after an unknown incident from my perspective.. the safety car came out. This was a fantastic position because I needed to pit for a new pair of tyres. After the safety car went in, I pushed quite fast and was lapping the fastest on the track and some stage. On lap 41, I managed to get into 2nd place and tried the 'undercut' to get into first place. After a faultless pitstop, I had to do 3 quali-esque laps for the strategy to work. Eventually, the leader pitted and when he came out the pits, I had a 7 second advantage to the next car who had already stopped. More luck was in as the car in 'net second' had a collision with another car gaining me more time. With around 8 or 9 laps to go.. I had a 15 second lead and was trying to stay focused and not get too excited as all it takes is 1 mistake to ruin your race.. (and trust me.. I do that a lot)... But to my surprise, the strategy paid off and after cruising the final 2 laps to avoiding spinning (tyres were gone at this stage) I came across the line with a 5 second gap Very Happy To finish my first ever 100% race was my aim but to win was a shock. Comparing my pace to FPS (Formula Playstation), I didn't think i'd do well. Big thanks to Marc for asking me in and to all the drivers as this is definitely the cleanest league I've been in.. The steward was great too Smile P.s. Will, call me Chaz... not Chez Wink
Chaz_B_97
Chaz_B_97

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaz_B_97 Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:44 pm

Also sorry guys for not remembering names.. :/ i.e Ben, Tallboy, Liam tec.
Chaz_B_97
Chaz_B_97

Back to top Go down

Post by tallboy_rocks Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:19 am

Don't worry when I stewarded AL3 last week I had no idea who anyone was. It was all "that bloke in the Lotus..." type thing!
tallboy_rocks
tallboy_rocks

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC26KnF8d0BVRS3sAA0Twm6w

Back to top Go down

Post by Aletdownofstate Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:10 am

Just about finished doing my race edit. Was difficult to cut it down to 10 minutes (Goddamn YouTube strike >_>) But it's action from start to finish.
Aletdownofstate
Aletdownofstate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:37 pm

abu dhabi has been my fav race so far even though i never finished😢 Crying or Very sad best clean battles ive had and glad i kep tup with the pace

Back to top Go down

Post by RosstheIcon Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:12 pm

yeah, rub it in! At this rate I might even become sore...
RosstheIcon
RosstheIcon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down