Wheel2WheelRacing
Welcome to the Wheel2WheelRacing Playstation 4 F1 League! Thanks for Visiting!

We are a website of clean and enthusiastic drivers, and you can join us by creating a free account, clicking 'Register'. If possible, please use your PSN username - this will make it easier for you and League Moderators to add each other.

After signing up, write a post in the 'Welcome to W2WR' section letting us know, and we will arrange a quick induction with you in a private online lobby. Getting approval in this session with a League Moderator will grant you access to start racing in the Leagues.

Look forward to seeing you on track,
Wheel2WheelRacing Website Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wheel2WheelRacing
Welcome to the Wheel2WheelRacing Playstation 4 F1 League! Thanks for Visiting!

We are a website of clean and enthusiastic drivers, and you can join us by creating a free account, clicking 'Register'. If possible, please use your PSN username - this will make it easier for you and League Moderators to add each other.

After signing up, write a post in the 'Welcome to W2WR' section letting us know, and we will arrange a quick induction with you in a private online lobby. Getting approval in this session with a League Moderator will grant you access to start racing in the Leagues.

Look forward to seeing you on track,
Wheel2WheelRacing Website Team
Wheel2WheelRacing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AL2 From the Cockpit: Abu Dhabi

3 posters

Go down

Can Con win the Drivers' Championship in Austin despite his penalty?

AL2 From the Cockpit: Abu Dhabi I_vote_lcap30%AL2 From the Cockpit: Abu Dhabi I_vote_rcap 30% 
[ 3 ]
AL2 From the Cockpit: Abu Dhabi I_vote_lcap70%AL2 From the Cockpit: Abu Dhabi I_vote_rcap 70% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 10

AL2 From the Cockpit: Abu Dhabi Empty AL2 From the Cockpit: Abu Dhabi

Post by RosstheIcon Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:42 pm

Let's get one thing straight; the Yas Marina circuit is a mundane track. It has very few interesting corners and a straight so long that I was literally able to drink a cup of coffee while I went down it on a qualifying lap. Under normal circumstances, it would be a very dull race. However, put a day/night transition into the mix, then add a bit of the AL2 magic that has graced so many circuits this year, and you end up with another spectacular event.

The fans would have been disappointed to hear that Championship leader con_reece was ruled out of the race due to other commitments, but where the fans were disappointed, the rest of us drivers saw an opportunity to score big points.

The surprise package in qualifying was justanumber666, who took a surprise provisional pole in the dying embers of qualifying, only to drop down to a still very impressive 3rd place when fist Barwell stole pole, then I took it seconds later.

With Barwell starting on prime tyres and myself on options, it was set up to be a strategic battle for the win, and off the line the status-quo was retained although it quickly became a two-horse race for the win as barwell chased me into the sunset.

The key part of the race was the second stint. I had bolted on the prime tyres and was intending on using them to make a three-stop strategy. Meanwhile Barwell stuck a set of options on a couple of laps later, and immediately started lapping 1.5-2secs faster than me, eventually using the DRS to pass me on the second of the long straights. At this point I think we both decided that options were the way to go, and we both used them to the end after that stint. Crucially though, I pitted for the second time 2 laps later than Barwell, and was able to claw back time slowly during the next 2 stints, despite him getting a small undercut around the stops. This meant that on lap 41 I was able to sweep past around the outside of turn 11, and despite 2 reflective things on the front of the Sauber blinding me as I drove, went on to take the win with Barwell 13 secs behind, although 2 corner cutting penalties took it up to 33 secs. Justanumber help on for a well-deserved podium with short_leg an impressive 4th. S007PS managed to ensure that Toro rosso took 2nd and 5th rather than their customary 3rd and 4th. Daveh recovered from an early crash to take 6th. CHM1945 again caused controversy, this time tagging Will while recovering from a spin and also annoyed Daveh by attacking him despite being a lap down (because who would do that, right daveh?)

Will-I-Am_3001 was poor. Again. He should probably re-assess his life.

Drivers' Championship:

1st. con_reece: 257pts

Con has had a bad week. He had the book thrown at him for an incident with madman that I haven't seen, meaning a 20-second penalty for Austin. However, if he can score 6 points more than me in that race the championship is mathematically his. Can he do it? Answers on the poll please.

2nd. RosstheIcon: 237pts (-20)

I did what had to be done in Abu Dhabi. Winning in Con's absence was a must, but I really have to win the next 2 races and hope for more bad luck for Con if I am to steal this title from under his nose.

Constructors' Championship:

1st. Toro Rosso: 366pts

Toro Rosso benefitted from a poor weekend for Red Bull to take a healthy lead in the championship. S007PS and Barwell have done well to take it this far, but can they hold on?

2nd. Red Bull: 352pts (-14)

It has been a successful year for Red Bull, but can they end it with both championships? A poor weekend in Abu Dhabi with Con absent and Will out of form has put them on the back foot, but they have the drivers to close the gap.

3rd. Sauber: 297pts (-69)

Sauber are still mathematically in the hunt. Nobody knows how. If we win I will eat a squirrel.

Awards:

DOTD: Justanumber666
Ayrton Senna award for cutting chicanes: Barwell74
Bad Week Award: con_reece
Taki Inoue Award for being poor: Will-I-Am_3001
Hypocrite of the Day: daveh213
Max Chilton Award for being slower than an amputee snail: The Pirelli Medium Tyre

RosstheIcon
RosstheIcon

Back to top Go down

AL2 From the Cockpit: Abu Dhabi Empty Re: AL2 From the Cockpit: Abu Dhabi

Post by Flying_Brit Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:55 pm

No need to say I was poor, again. Lol.
Flying_Brit
Flying_Brit

Back to top Go down

AL2 From the Cockpit: Abu Dhabi Empty Re: AL2 From the Cockpit: Abu Dhabi

Post by ConnorH1996 Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:05 pm

people think i wont win title interesting