Wheel2WheelRacing
Welcome to the Wheel2WheelRacing Playstation 4 F1 League! Thanks for Visiting!

We are a website of clean and enthusiastic drivers, and you can join us by creating a free account, clicking 'Register'. If possible, please use your PSN username - this will make it easier for you and League Moderators to add each other.

After signing up, write a post in the 'Welcome to W2WR' section letting us know, and we will arrange a quick induction with you in a private online lobby. Getting approval in this session with a League Moderator will grant you access to start racing in the Leagues.

Look forward to seeing you on track,
Wheel2WheelRacing Website Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wheel2WheelRacing
Welcome to the Wheel2WheelRacing Playstation 4 F1 League! Thanks for Visiting!

We are a website of clean and enthusiastic drivers, and you can join us by creating a free account, clicking 'Register'. If possible, please use your PSN username - this will make it easier for you and League Moderators to add each other.

After signing up, write a post in the 'Welcome to W2WR' section letting us know, and we will arrange a quick induction with you in a private online lobby. Getting approval in this session with a League Moderator will grant you access to start racing in the Leagues.

Look forward to seeing you on track,
Wheel2WheelRacing Website Team
Wheel2WheelRacing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canadian GP - Appeal Room

+4
madman_281
RosstheIcon
spb1994
barwell74
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Canadian GP - Appeal Room Empty Canadian GP - Appeal Room

Post by barwell74 Thu May 29, 2014 9:47 pm

Post below...
barwell74
barwell74

Back to top Go down

Canadian GP - Appeal Room Empty Re: Canadian GP - Appeal Room

Post by spb1994 Thu May 29, 2014 10:11 pm

I'd like to appeal against CHM who took me out in the first third of the race which imo cost me the chance to challenge for a podium. For a good few laps before hand me and Barwell had raced with each other and basically side by side without any problems.

Out of turn 7 CHM made a mistake and lost a lot of speed, allowing me to Kers around the outside of him. The move was made and complete before the corner was upon us, and I moved across slightly to take the corner but still leaving a gap in case CHM locked up. I don't know what he did, but he ploughed straight into the back of me and carried on up the track, despite being asked by the steward to wait.

I don't know if Madman caught this on camera, was probably around lap 15ish? Or Barwell? If there is footage or if others could shed some light on what happened from behind that would be great, as it pretty much ruined my challenge and my battle with Barwell.

spb1994

Back to top Go down

Post by RosstheIcon Thu May 29, 2014 10:16 pm

I heard madman ask him to let you back past at one point, so he must have seen it. For some reason he didn't follow through when CHM argued though.
RosstheIcon
RosstheIcon

Back to top Go down

Post by barwell74 Thu May 29, 2014 10:20 pm

I think I have the footage mate, I'll post it up tomorrow for you
barwell74
barwell74

Back to top Go down

Post by madman_281 Thu May 29, 2014 10:40 pm

Ross, I saw the incident at first and then thought I was CHM fault so I said wait but at that moment I wasn't 100% sure who was at fault, if I was 100% sure I would have made sure he waited, so because barwell has footage if it is voted his fault he will receive 20sec penalty
madman_281
madman_281

Back to top Go down

Post by madman_281 Thu May 29, 2014 10:41 pm

I may not be the best steward but if it wasn't for me stewarding tonight you wouldn't of had a race which you won:)
madman_281
madman_281

Back to top Go down

Post by RosstheIcon Thu May 29, 2014 11:06 pm

Madman, I appreciate you giving your evening to stewarding the race, it's just my opinion that you shouldn't change your decision just because the culprit disagrees with it. What I disagree more is CHM arguing a stewards decision, which you wouldn't get away with in any sport and I don't think should be allowed in this league.
RosstheIcon
RosstheIcon

Back to top Go down

Post by madman_281 Thu May 29, 2014 11:13 pm

But I wasn't 100% sure who was at fault hence why I changed my decision, if CHM had waited and then it turned out he wasn't at fault I would have denied him a considerable amount of time
madman_281
madman_281

Back to top Go down

Post by goodhead01 Fri May 30, 2014 7:24 am

CHM spanked me up the back end on (sounds a bit sexual but it isnt!) about lap 50, just after id passed him. I thought he may have let me back through but no surprises he didnt. I havent got footage unfortunately but can anyone name a race this season where CHM hasnt been involved in some kind of collision?!! CHM needs to change his driving style or the Stewards need to act in my opinion. Going wheel to wheel with him almost always ends in tears. affraid 

goodhead01

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 30, 2014 11:58 am

I agree with Goodhead, when I have been battling CHM I don't feel 100% confident going wheel to wheel with him. He needs watching Closely in next few races.

Back to top Go down

Post by CHM1945 Fri May 30, 2014 12:37 pm

spb1994 tried to overtake me when there was no chance of a clean overtake I was on the racing line through turn 7 he out braked himself barged across the front of me and spun out, I did not deviate around turn 7 I had no ware to go when spb1994 turned in on me.

CHM1945

Back to top Go down

Post by spb1994 Fri May 30, 2014 6:38 pm

No chance of a clean overtake? The move was already completed before the braking zone began! So from your POV I've missed my braking point and instead of going straight on or even tried to make the corner I've decided to turn to the left when its a right hander?!

spb1994

Back to top Go down

Post by RosstheIcon Fri May 30, 2014 9:03 pm

CHM, I didn't see this incident but what I do know is that you keep being involved in incidents in almost every race. When that's the case you cannot continue to stick your head in the sand and say that it's not your fault.

On the occasions I've been racing against you, and a couple of times last race, your attitude has seemed to be "I don't care where you brake, I'm braking later and I am staying ahead." That is a way of driving that simply doesn't work, and will only cause accidents, especially at turn 1 where you squeezed me pretty robustly yesterday, making me take avoiding action.

Also, it would be appreciated if, when being lapped, it didn't take the steward to ask you to move over. You have a timer to know the gap to the car behind and a map to see us approaching, so you can't be mistaking us for people that you're racing.

So this is an appeal, not to the stewards but to you, to leave more space and generally be less aggressive on track. If you don't then you won't last much longer in this league.
RosstheIcon
RosstheIcon

Back to top Go down

Post by barwell74 Sat May 31, 2014 8:20 pm

barwell74
barwell74

Back to top Go down

Post by spb1994 Sat May 31, 2014 8:21 pm

Says the vid is private mate Sad

spb1994

Back to top Go down

Post by barwell74 Sat May 31, 2014 8:40 pm

spb1994 wrote:Says the vid is private mate Sad

Try it now?
barwell74
barwell74

Back to top Go down

Post by Ud-war Sat May 31, 2014 8:42 pm

Go on youtube and search barwell74, thats how I just watched it mate.
Ud-war
Ud-war

Back to top Go down

Post by spb1994 Sat May 31, 2014 9:44 pm

Yeah alls good now haha, i see he squeezed you off the track basically when there was no need straight after he took me out when I was already ahead of him.

CHM do you not learn?! Please stewards, you have to do something here, if Barwell hadn't have braked he'd have become a second victim in the space of 30 seconds!

Just wondering if Madman actually saw it if he could give his POV/video of the incident?

spb1994

Back to top Go down

Post by barwell74 Sat May 31, 2014 9:59 pm

Yes mate that's why the FIA haven't taken any action yet, they want madman to post his POV aswell
barwell74
barwell74

Back to top Go down

Post by madman_281 Sat May 31, 2014 11:43 pm

from my pov during the race i wasnt 100% as i was looking from on board the car behind barwell but as his footage concludes i think the pass was already made and CHM should have either backed off or gave short leg more room instead of hitting him off effectively ruining his race. Would just like short leg to know if i had known CHM was 100% at fault i WOULD have made him wait so my apologies.
madman_281
madman_281

Back to top Go down

Post by spb1994 Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:05 am

I have no issues with you not being 100% at the time and not making him wait don't worry about it! I don't think people should have to be told to wait when they've caused an incident, all the leagues I've raced in its just common courtesy to wait.

spb1994

Back to top Go down

Post by CHM1945 Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:20 am

This is not an appeal on Short Leg, but it is very clear from the video posted that he cut across the front of my car right on the entry to the corner and his N/S/R wheel hit the front of my car thus spinning him round.
It could have ended both our races. I just had no where to go.
I really did not think it was a good place for him to try the overtake.

CHM1945

Back to top Go down

Post by spb1994 Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:29 am

CHM - the move was made before the corner. If you had bothered to race against the driver rather than the track and using your usual braking point then the incident would have been avoided altogether. The fact you appear to have no awareness of whats going on around you was quite evident when you almost pushed barwell into the wall just 20 seconds later! You make it sound like I came from the far right and cut right over to the far left, when we can clearly see that isn't the case at all.

The lack of confidence from the rest of the field in your wheel to wheel racing surely has to tell you something here?!?!

spb1994

Back to top Go down

Post by CHM1945 Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:46 am

Short Leg are you looking at the same video as I am, I have watched it 10 times and I suggest you have a look at it again frame by frame you need to do this so as to slow the action down.

When you spun out you were cutting across the front of me right on the entry of the corner, I did not brake late you can see from the video I was on the racing line all the way through the corner.

CHM1945

Back to top Go down

Post by CHM1945 Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:55 am

Short Leg I did not almost push barwell into the wall 20 seconds later I had lost speed on the corner because you had slowed me down with our incident and he was catching me but the gap he was trying to get through was too narrow. Have a look at the video again.

CHM1945

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum