Wheel2WheelRacing
Welcome to the Wheel2WheelRacing Playstation 4 F1 League! Thanks for Visiting!

We are a website of clean and enthusiastic drivers, and you can join us by creating a free account, clicking 'Register'. If possible, please use your PSN username - this will make it easier for you and League Moderators to add each other.

After signing up, write a post in the 'Welcome to W2WR' section letting us know, and we will arrange a quick induction with you in a private online lobby. Getting approval in this session with a League Moderator will grant you access to start racing in the Leagues.

Look forward to seeing you on track,
Wheel2WheelRacing Website Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wheel2WheelRacing
Welcome to the Wheel2WheelRacing Playstation 4 F1 League! Thanks for Visiting!

We are a website of clean and enthusiastic drivers, and you can join us by creating a free account, clicking 'Register'. If possible, please use your PSN username - this will make it easier for you and League Moderators to add each other.

After signing up, write a post in the 'Welcome to W2WR' section letting us know, and we will arrange a quick induction with you in a private online lobby. Getting approval in this session with a League Moderator will grant you access to start racing in the Leagues.

Look forward to seeing you on track,
Wheel2WheelRacing Website Team
Wheel2WheelRacing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

04/01/15 Decisions

+2
Pagey_80
Aletdownofstate
6 posters

Go down

04/01/15 Decisions Empty 04/01/15 Decisions

Post by Aletdownofstate Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:36 pm

PL

Bahrain

Aloandmasaplaya/RAFIFA - The FIA has deemded that RAFIFA made a dangerous move that caused a collsion, and as such has recieved a reprimand and -2 WDC points.

AL1

Spain

Tomfenty96/Clatty123 - No further action. The FIA has deemed that the accident is a racing incident and that both drivers could have taken steps to prevent it.

AL2

Bahrain

PODGIE/Misterflash - The FIA has ruled that though PODGIEs intentions to allow Misterflash through where good, the execution was poor. PODGIE is to recieve a warning for three races, if no subsequent incidents of this nature occur then the warning will be removed.

China

Pagey/Butler - ButlerUK is to recieve a warning for dangerous driving. However due to the broken wing and loss of time, no further action will be taken.

Biltonmatt/PODGIE - Biltonmatt is to recieve a warning to take more care when defending a position so as to avoid future incidents. No further action.

Silverstubble/Dastardly - No further action. Lag induced collision, no driver found to be truely at fault.

Spain

Pagey_80/Phillip-UK-123 - The FIA has deemed that Phillip-UK-123 drove overly agressively and dangerously into turn one, causing an incident with Pagey_80. Phillip-UK-123 is to recieve a reprimand with any incidents of a similar nature occuring across the next three races a severe penalty will be applied. If no further incidents are recorded, then the reprimand will be removed.

Pagey_80/Tom2000 - Toms2000 is to be reminded to be more careful when racing close to other drivers, no further action to be taken due to him waiting for Pagey to regain his position.

Dastardly/CHM - Both drivers are to recieve a warning. Drivers are to take maximum care at all times when in close priximity to each other and due care and caution needs to be applied when returned to the track.

Biltonmatt/Bloodandsands15 - Biltonmatt is to recieve a warning and be reminded to take more care when driving in close proximity to other members.

Last edited by Riggy AL2 & LM on Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aletdownofstate
Aletdownofstate

http://tinyurl.com/nznnf46

Back to top Go down

04/01/15 Decisions Empty Re: 04/01/15 Decisions

Post by bloodandsand15 Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:35 pm

Ma arse footage inconclusive matt ran me off road its in stevos vid duckin joke man

bloodandsand15

Back to top Go down

Post by Aletdownofstate Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:51 pm

bloodandsand15 wrote:Ma arse footage inconclusive matt ran me off road its in stevos vid duckin joke man
It appears some wires may have gotten crossed last night, we are relooking at the incident.

Aletdownofstate
Aletdownofstate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Phoenix Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:55 pm

not sure on that mate i seen it differentley
The Phoenix
The Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodandsand15 Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:58 am

Matt runs me clean off the road. In stevos vid you dont see it all but when stevo goes bk to me im off track getin ready to go bk on. Matt caused it simple as that

bloodandsand15

Back to top Go down

Post by Pagey_80 Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:51 pm

Hmmm, so the overall message being conveyed here then is that you can drive as aggressively as you like and knock someone off track, dont bother to wait up and carry on as if nothing has happened. Get a reprimand resulting in having to behave yourself for a couple of races and then go back to the original plan of smashing people off as and when you like until you get a 2nd reprimand where basically you have to behave again for a couple more races. Thats fine with me, will have to remember this come Monaco on Friday when the next person tries something stupid lap 1 turn 1.

As you can tell im disapointed with these outcomes but will respect them.

Pagey_80

Back to top Go down

Post by McDASTARDLY-00- Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:56 pm

scratch confused as to how my T1 incident is = too CHM's adventures in search of the DRL after T2 but i'll consign it to the history book of 'big laugh crashes' & look forward to a safety car free race @ Armco wrapped Monaco now we all know how to behave on track Wink
McDASTARDLY-00-
McDASTARDLY-00-

Back to top Go down

Post by Aletdownofstate Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:46 pm

You all have the opportunity to participate in FIA meetings and voice your concerns and opinions on incidents etc, including appropriate means to prevent them in the future, including punishments. The date and agenda is posted in advance in this section of the board and anyone unable to make it has the opportunity to post anything they wish to be discussed.

As it stands only Stevo, Whiteside and myself take time out to discuss other peoples mistakes, incidents and ideas. We spent over 2 hours on Sunday evening discussing everything from the last few races.

The system is far from perfect, Codemasters sub par penalty system means relying on a steward and the FIA to sort incidents, this coupled with the general lack of footage from anyone means that things get missed or are often difficult to judge due to camera angle, quality etc. We are looking into ways to make it fairer, including bring the rules back to reduced rather than corner cutting only. This has inherrent problems of its own.

For example someone coule aggressively corner cut, recieve a penalty and blame it on an incident with someone that no-one can prove. Not that I believe anyone here would do that, but it's a possibilty that has to be considered.

We also have to be as impartial and unbiased as possible.

Regarding the reprimands. The three to five race period is effectively a suspended sentence. Should a similar incident happen in that time then a severe penalty will be applied (instant qualifying ban, points deduction etc.) Once that period of time is up, memory of the incident does not go away and will be taken into account should it happen again. A repeat offender will quickly find themselves missing points, races or even removed from the league in some circumstances.

We will be looking for more fulltime FIA members over the coming weeks. The only prerequisite is the ability to remain impartial, and a mic as meetings take place in an F1 2014 lobby.

Aletdownofstate
Aletdownofstate

Back to top Go down

Post by Aletdownofstate Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:49 pm

bloodandsand15 wrote:Matt runs me clean off the road. In stevos vid you dont see it all but when stevo goes bk to me im off track getin ready to go bk on. Matt caused it simple as that
I have spoken with Stevo and Whiteside. Apparently wires crossed and the posted view did not represent the majority. The decision will be amended.
Aletdownofstate
Aletdownofstate

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodandsand15 Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:07 pm

Scottish justice must be done, not only done but seen, and now ive seen it done, i know how done ive been:)

bloodandsand15

Back to top Go down

Post by The Phoenix Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:53 pm

I totally agree with Riggy. People dont seem to realize how hard it is to do what we do by giving penalties out. We have to think about the for a long time to make the right decision.

And most of the time we get it right because we are good at it, but there are times where we cant always come to a decision because of like Riggy said lack of evidence.

So i would like to remind everyone to please be patient with us if we do make a mistake we will look at it again until we get it right. 

As Myself (whiteside) and Riggy are both admins and mods we get a lot more stick than others in the FIA . And it is totally unfair on us as we are trying are best to do what is right for the whole site.

So in future try to be a little less jumpy on are decision and maybe speak to us privately so no arguments start to kicking off

Thank you The Phoenix
The Phoenix
The Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevo_F1 Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:17 pm

Marc has made everything very clear i think. I have the most experience having been an FiA member for over 3 years on 2 different league sites, where the previous ran the same system as this sites & last Sundays meeting wasn't easy for myself having to find the right penalties to give out with Marc & Whiteside, where if ie drivers finished too far apart for time penalties to make a difference & drivers having so few championship points it would be way too harsh to remove even one so we went with suspended penalties instead to where if that driver caused another incident within that suspended time then they would recieve a much harsher penalty. So hopefully you can see how difficult it was for Marc, Whiteside & myself.

Stevo_F1

Back to top Go down

Post by McDASTARDLY-00- Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:19 pm

LM, Moderators & Stewards, i'm now in my 4th season in W2WR & have always appreciated the work done by yourselves for this league & to the drivers that take time to record & post highlights, so you should all know that its not personal (speakin for myself) or aimed @ any of you in particular when a comment is left about a decision. Mumps & moans from drivers go up the way, surely thats just the way of it & that means you guys get it in the ear. I would imagine there'll be a few more before the seasons out, so dont get too upset by them or i'll ask Rabbie bloodandsand Burns to write more poetry for you in the McGonagall style Razz
McDASTARDLY-00-
McDASTARDLY-00-

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down