Wheel2WheelRacing
Welcome to the Wheel2WheelRacing Playstation 4 F1 League! Thanks for Visiting!

We are a website of clean and enthusiastic drivers, and you can join us by creating a free account, clicking 'Register'. If possible, please use your PSN username - this will make it easier for you and League Moderators to add each other.

After signing up, write a post in the 'Welcome to W2WR' section letting us know, and we will arrange a quick induction with you in a private online lobby. Getting approval in this session with a League Moderator will grant you access to start racing in the Leagues.

Look forward to seeing you on track,
Wheel2WheelRacing Website Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wheel2WheelRacing
Welcome to the Wheel2WheelRacing Playstation 4 F1 League! Thanks for Visiting!

We are a website of clean and enthusiastic drivers, and you can join us by creating a free account, clicking 'Register'. If possible, please use your PSN username - this will make it easier for you and League Moderators to add each other.

After signing up, write a post in the 'Welcome to W2WR' section letting us know, and we will arrange a quick induction with you in a private online lobby. Getting approval in this session with a League Moderator will grant you access to start racing in the Leagues.

Look forward to seeing you on track,
Wheel2WheelRacing Website Team
Wheel2WheelRacing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Driver seats for 2014

3 posters

Go down

Driver seats for 2014 Empty Driver seats for 2014

Post by tallboy_rocks Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:16 pm

Although I am writing this inbetween qualifying and the race for Hungary we are entering the F1 summer break and the revolving door of drivers will start to take shape. So the question is who do we think will be where next season? Below are a few of my thoughts:

-The main talking point is obviously Red Bull. My personal feeling is that Ricciardo is in the box seat for this drive after the Young Drivers Test and his recent good form. I don't think Red Bull will want a driver that could potentially rock the boat and I think this could count against Kimi.
-Sorry if some people don't like this but I think Massa's time at Ferrari is done. Although he has been better this season he is still some way off the sharp end and his recent crashes don't help (although I think the car may have a large part to play in these incidents). If he does go I think either Di Resta or Hulkenberg will fill the vacant seat.
-If he finishes the season cleanly I believe Grosjean is talking himself into his seat for next year at Lotus with his re-found speed. If Kimi goes Lotus would probably keep Grosjean on regardless as an experienced driver rather than a complete driver overhaul. If there is a free seat at Lotus then again Di Resta or Hulkenberg would be favoured current drivers for this seat with the possibility of Valsecchi stepping in from his reserve role. I do feel somewhat sorry for Valsecchi, current GP2 champion, who has been overlooked for a drive by Gutteriez, Chilton, Bianchi and van der Garde simply because of the funding they can bring.
-I feel Mclaren and Mercedes will retain there current drivers as they both have strong partnerships in their cars.

That's just a few of my thoughts. Please feel free to add comments or opinions.
tallboy_rocks
tallboy_rocks

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC26KnF8d0BVRS3sAA0Twm6w

Back to top Go down

Driver seats for 2014 Empty Re: Driver seats for 2014

Post by hudunikibolokov Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:58 am

Lets see,

Red Bull
Vettel and I have to go with riccardo as there would be no point in their youth programe if they didn't go with him.

Ferrari
Alonso and If I was Ferrari I would ditch Massa for Hulkenburg or Bianchi

McLarren
Button & Perez

Merecedes
Hamilton & Rosberg

Lotus
Raikkonen for one more season will end up at Ferrari & Grosjean or maybe one of the younger stars

Williams
MalDONado & Bottas

Force India
DJ Resta & Sutil

Sauber
They'll be going with people to get most sponsorship money as possible

Toro Rosso
Vergne and maybe Massa I'd think

Catherham
Pic and van der garde

Marussia
Chilton and someone with sponsorship money
hudunikibolokov
hudunikibolokov

Back to top Go down

Post by The Phoenix Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:24 am

hudunikibolokov PL Mod wrote:Lets see,

Red Bull
Vettel and I have to go with riccardo as there would be no point in their youth programe if they didn't go with him.

Ferrari
Alonso and If I was Ferrari I would ditch Massa for Hulkenburg or Bianchi

McLarren
Button & Perez

Merecedes
Hamilton & Rosberg

Lotus
Raikkonen for one more season will end up at Ferrari & Grosjean or maybe one of the younger stars

Williams
MalDONado & Bottas

Force India
DJ Resta & Sutil

Sauber
They'll be going with people to get most sponsorship money as possible

Toro Rosso
Vergne and maybe Massa I'd think

Catherham
Pic and van der garde

Marussia
Chilton and someone with sponsorship money

i cant see Di Resta staying at force india i reckon he will go with alonso in ferria
The Phoenix
The Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:36 am

Red bull
Vettel and Ricciardo

McLaren
Button and Perez

Ferrari
Alonso and Di resta

Lotus
Raikonnen and Hulkenberg

Force India
Sutil and Bianchi

Williams
Bottas and Pic

Torro Rosso
Vergne and Da Costa

Caterham
Van der Garde and Kovalinen

Marussia
Chilton and Ellinas

Sauber
Gutierrez and Sorotkin

Mercedes
Hamilton and rosberg

Back to top Go down

Post by tallboy_rocks Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:00 am

I can't see Williams getting rid of Maldonado. They need his money too much.
tallboy_rocks
tallboy_rocks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:16 am

I just feel that next year they will need to find something else in the team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:20 pm

It's not the drivers of Williams that is the problem, it's the car

Back to top Go down

Post by tallboy_rocks Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:54 pm

Yeah their car this year is a massive step backwards from last year. Unfortunately they and Sauber are falling back because of their lack of funding and are relying on their drivers to bring the money. Torro Rosso and Force India can move forward as they have the luxury of a big name sponsor behind the team and can pick the drivers they want rather than who has the deepest pockets.
tallboy_rocks
tallboy_rocks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:39 pm

My predictions for 2014:

Red Bull:
Vettel will be patterned by one of the following; Alonso, Raikkonen, Ricciardo (most probable)

Ferrari:
I think we will retain our current line-up. I know some people who work at Maranello and hints are being dropped that Felipe will be given a contract extension. I'm most pleased about that as I still think if he is given the machinery, there are not many better drivers out there (Give him the same car as Fernando and he'll beat him!) Fernando? the relationship has gone a little frosty. Yes he is a good driver, but I strongly believe he is destroying the Scuderia all by himself. The TEAM ethos appears to be going. Personally I think a return to the Felipe/Kimi partnership would be majorly beneficial. Word is that could be the potential line up next year. Hulkenberg and Di Resta would just be a massive waste of time imo. Hulkenberg maybe for the future, but I'm still not entirely convinced. Di Resta? NO WAY!

McLaren:
Will remain the same. I said it before the start of the season and I say it again......Perez will beat Button.

Mercedes:
Will remain the same.

Lotus:
All depends what happens to Kimi. Grosjean will stay as he has the pace, just has to tone down the aggression. If Kimi does leave who could we see in the car? Valsecchi? very talented indeed. Kubica return? I doubt it. Felipe moving to Lotus as numero uno? could be possible as having an entire team around him will make him into a contender again!

Force India:
Will remain the same I think. Maybe Ferrari will try to get Bianchi into the Force India to simply move him off of the back of the grid.

Sauber:
Not too sure what will happen here. It is believed Hulkenberg is at Sauber because of Ferrari, so he might stay a bit longer. The other car? 17 year old Russian kid? Buemi? Pic? Bianchi? (Sauber do appear to be our feeder team) maybe even a return for Kobayashi as he is now on Ferrari's books.

Williams:
Unchanged line-up. Apparently Maldonado's sponsorship money is drying up so you never know he might be replaced.

Torro Rosso:
Vergne will stay on. Ricciardo, will stay if not given the seat at the sister team.

Caterham:
Pic and a returning Kovalainen/Senna.

Marussia:
If Bianchi doesn't move on he'll be retained. Sadly Chilton will be staying on as money seems to do a lot of talking these days. What is he doing in F1!?!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum