Wheel2WheelRacing
Welcome to the Wheel2WheelRacing Playstation 4 F1 League! Thanks for Visiting!

We are a website of clean and enthusiastic drivers, and you can join us by creating a free account, clicking 'Register'. If possible, please use your PSN username - this will make it easier for you and League Moderators to add each other.

After signing up, write a post in the 'Welcome to W2WR' section letting us know, and we will arrange a quick induction with you in a private online lobby. Getting approval in this session with a League Moderator will grant you access to start racing in the Leagues.

Look forward to seeing you on track,
Wheel2WheelRacing Website Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wheel2WheelRacing
Welcome to the Wheel2WheelRacing Playstation 4 F1 League! Thanks for Visiting!

We are a website of clean and enthusiastic drivers, and you can join us by creating a free account, clicking 'Register'. If possible, please use your PSN username - this will make it easier for you and League Moderators to add each other.

After signing up, write a post in the 'Welcome to W2WR' section letting us know, and we will arrange a quick induction with you in a private online lobby. Getting approval in this session with a League Moderator will grant you access to start racing in the Leagues.

Look forward to seeing you on track,
Wheel2WheelRacing Website Team
Wheel2WheelRacing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spanish GP - Appeals

5 posters

Go down

Spanish GP - Appeals Empty Spanish GP - Appeals

Post by Gonk721 Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:22 am

Please post below any appeals with VIDEO EVIDENCE:

Gonk721

Back to top Go down

Spanish GP - Appeals Empty Re: Spanish GP - Appeals

Post by Trond_1981 Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:39 pm

APPEAL AGAINST NOT BEING GRANTED 2ND PLACE IN SPANISH GP

I finished the race with no sign of having disconnected before I saw the results. After having checked with serveral others who didn't dsc, it became clear that I dsc'd within the 2 last laps of the race.

At the start of lap 65, I was 18 seconds behind Mich in 1st, and 25 seconds infront of Misterflash in 3rd.

My 2 last laps was timed at 1:25.124 and 1:23.650, which means that noone would have catched me before the end....
In addition to that, given the fact that my "ghosted car", which finished the race, lapped much slower that I actually did, and Misterflash STILL couldn't catch me, would underline the appeal to let me keep 2nd even more!

The statement that I would get full point for 6th(!!) because I had completed over 90% of the race, is to be frank almost like an insult....
I completed atleast 64 of 66 laps, that's more that 96% of the race (96,97% to be exact!!)....

I had a similar dsc in the Austrailian GP at the start of the season, but that was much earlier in the race.... Eventhough, even then it felt harsh to get a DNF, because I could upload my whole race to prove my pace...

That time, I accepted the DNF....
This time I cannot......!

The appeal is hereby delievered!
Video is uploading......
Trond_1981
Trond_1981

Back to top Go down

Post by Trond_1981 Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:55 pm

Trond_1981
Trond_1981

Back to top Go down

Post by RussLad12 Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:02 am

If you look at the bottom of your screen on lap 65/66 your'll see everyone leaving but it's not everyone leaving its you who left us hence why we all got that you'd left.

RussLad12

Back to top Go down

Post by Trond_1981 Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:57 am

Hm, I haven't noticed that... I keep my eyes on the road...

Anyways, this again strengthens my appeal I think, because notification of people leaving came not on the second to last, but on the very last lap! Even later than I stated in my appeal... That means I had no chance in hell to make s reconnection attempt even if I had noticed, which further strengthens my appeal and even further justify letting me keep that 2nd place!
Trond_1981
Trond_1981

Back to top Go down

Post by RussLad12 Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:59 am

its not all of our connection it's your connection that's had the problem,, and you've received points for 6th as you disconnected, I never got any points for Russia so it's the same for me too.

RussLad12

Back to top Go down

Post by Trond_1981 Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:03 am

RussLad12 wrote:its not all of our connection it's your connection that's had the problem,, and you've received points for 6th as you disconnected, I never got any points for Russia so it's the same for me too.

On the very last lap???!!

And the issue is not the connection, but time of disconnect.
I can't control my connetction stability other than having a state of the art Fiber-line with 80/80Mbits....

As I said; when the same thing happened in Australia, it happened sometime around lap 40, with 18 laps to go. Then I had no problem accepting a DSC in the results.
This time however, it's not the same thing when you disconnect on the very last lap, with more than 25 seconds down to the next driver.....

Last edited by Trond_1981 on Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Trond_1981
Trond_1981

Back to top Go down

Post by Gonk721 Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:30 am

Hi guys, please calm down with this conversation. We accept the appeal and all comments been logged and It will be looked into and be discussed heavily. But unfortunately no promises with outcome.

Gonk721

Back to top Go down

Post by Aletdownofstate Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:45 am

As a somewhat related aside, can everyone make sure that they have the optional 4.55 system update installed on their PS4. It fixes a lot of weird internet issues that people have been having in the last month or two.

EDIT

This is not a discussion thread. Your appeals will be looked at before the next race.
Aletdownofstate
Aletdownofstate

http://tinyurl.com/nznnf46

Back to top Go down

Post by madman_281 Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:10 pm

Im appealing against mike 15:40, not sure if this was the person without an induction or not?
Not an appeal exactly but at 4:15 and 4:27 i felt trond should have allowed me more room, maybe second one not as much but definitely on first incident as i effectively got pushed onto the grass.
Would also like to share from 29:30 onwards with soops, most amounf of clean racing i had in the race i think...
madman_281
madman_281

Back to top Go down

Post by Trond_1981 Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:54 pm

madman_281 wrote:
Not an appeal exactly but at 4:15 and 4:27 i felt trond should have allowed me more room, maybe second one not as much but definitely on first incident as i effectively got pushed onto the grass.

Sorry about that push onto the gras. I was focusing on getting into Mich' slipstream and didn't notice you until we touched. But once we touched you can see that I moved to the right again....
As for turn 1, I was too late on my brakes and thus ran out wide. I was on the inside tho, so I don't think it's other than a racing incident....
Trond_1981
Trond_1981

Back to top Go down

Post by madman_281 Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:01 pm

yeah no worries mate, like i said i wasn't appealing i was just highlighting it for the future:)
madman_281
madman_281

Back to top Go down

Post by Trond_1981 Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:28 pm

What's the result on my appeal?!?
Trond_1981
Trond_1981

Back to top Go down

Post by Aletdownofstate Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:43 pm

It's still being looked at. It's somewhat of a grey area and we're not entirely sure where to go with it. It will be discussed thoroughly at the next FIA meeting.
Aletdownofstate
Aletdownofstate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trond_1981 Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:45 pm

I would like to try to sway the judgement in this appeal, by giving a few reasons why I think I should be classified in 2nd place in the Spanish Grand Prix;

1)
Given the short time from the first signs of disconnect (when it first started popping up that people were leaving the session) to the actually finish of the race, I would have had no chance whatsoever to reconnect in time even if I tried, ultimately failing to finish the race either way.

2)
I disconnected on the start of the very last lap, more than 25 seconds ahead of 3rd.
I completed 65 of the 66 laps before disconnect, and finished the last laps "alone". That's 98,49% of race distance.....!

3)
I have documented my last laps as proof of actually finishing, ultimately also documenting my pace the last laps as proof that I couldn't have been caught.

4)
Amount of penalties aquired by me is also documented, and shows to not have any impact on the standings.

5)
I faught very hard for that 2nd place, and I must express that being classified as a DNF/DSC would be very hard to accept and would feel very gruel...

Of course, this is a personal plee, fueled by my desire to get what I feel to be well-earned points on the board.
But I would like it to also set as a presidence, ensuring that if the same happens again in the future, and if the one who disconnects has no time to reconnect, that he still get classified in his position at the time of disconnect IF proof of pace for the remainder of the race can be documented.

I will now leave it like this, for the stewards to give what I hope and expect to be a fair and final ruling, and sign of with a suggestion;
- If this happens again, and early enough in the race that there still is a chance of a reconnect, could the stewards please send a message to the one who has disconnected, to make them aware... Because I was never aware, not in Australia and not in Spain....
A reconnect would've been possible in Australia.....
Trond_1981
Trond_1981

Back to top Go down

Post by Aletdownofstate Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:42 pm

This will be taken into consideration.
Aletdownofstate
Aletdownofstate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content