Wheel2WheelRacing
Welcome to the Wheel2WheelRacing Playstation 4 F1 League! Thanks for Visiting!

We are a website of clean and enthusiastic drivers, and you can join us by creating a free account, clicking 'Register'. If possible, please use your PSN username - this will make it easier for you and League Moderators to add each other.

After signing up, write a post in the 'Welcome to W2WR' section letting us know, and we will arrange a quick induction with you in a private online lobby. Getting approval in this session with a League Moderator will grant you access to start racing in the Leagues.

Look forward to seeing you on track,
Wheel2WheelRacing Website Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wheel2WheelRacing
Welcome to the Wheel2WheelRacing Playstation 4 F1 League! Thanks for Visiting!

We are a website of clean and enthusiastic drivers, and you can join us by creating a free account, clicking 'Register'. If possible, please use your PSN username - this will make it easier for you and League Moderators to add each other.

After signing up, write a post in the 'Welcome to W2WR' section letting us know, and we will arrange a quick induction with you in a private online lobby. Getting approval in this session with a League Moderator will grant you access to start racing in the Leagues.

Look forward to seeing you on track,
Wheel2WheelRacing Website Team
Wheel2WheelRacing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FIA post-race press conference - Canada

Go down

FIA post-race press conference - Canada Empty FIA post-race press conference - Canada

Post by Guest Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:36 am

Reproduced with kind permission of the FIA

Drivers: 1 - LIAMATTHURSO (Scuderia Ferrari), 2 - Gav25182 (Williams F1 Team), 3 - PDids9 (Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team).

Podium Interview (conducted by NikiLouder)

Q: So Liam hows that fantastic Canadian grand prix for you?
LIAMATTHURSO: Canada was a fantastic race, I had a few problems through the race, the car was very oversteery & later in the race I had a little problem lapping Pdids
but nothing big & to win was a nice feeling!

Q: You are currently leading the championship by two points, thoughts?
LI: Leading the championship is great, but there's still 13 off races left so anything can happen so I'm taking nothing for granted this early.

Q: Some may think your running away with the championship this year, care to comment?
LI: I personally wouldn't say I'm running away. I only beat rwe by 9 seconds in Canada but if others want me slowed in some way I would accept it whether that be that
be something allowing to qualify I would accept it.

Q: Theres been a lot of speculation over your team mates future in Ferrari because he hasn't been seen in a few race, how is that effecting your charge for the constructors?
LI: Of course my TM not showing isn't helping but that's down to the team so I'm going to focus on myself.

Q: So Gav hows that fantastic Canadian grand prix for you?
Gav25182:
I think it went OK. It's disappointing not to be nearer the front, but it was important to finish the race after Monaco, and I'm happy to have picked up some points for the team. I now hope to work on a few things to close the gap to the front runners.

Q: First race at williams, how was it for you?
GV: It was nice to be in a permanent race seat, and I was happy to pick up some points. It was a shame my teammate was unavailable, but hopefully once we establish a working relationship we can push ourselves forward.

Q: Two races in and you've only secured six points, thoughts?
GV: It's disappointing not to have more on the board, but the DNF in Monaco was an unfortunate electronic glitch, when I had been comfortably running 2nd, so I don't think it shows the whole picture. We'll have more of an idea where we are after this mid season run of races, and I hope to fighting for some decent points.

Q: Montreal is notorious for wet weather, was you prepared for any rain?
GV: In terms of set up it was a clear choice to go with the dry set up, the chances of rain were small. It would have just been a case of choosing the right lap to bit. A bit of rain would have been good for the race, I thought it was relatively boring!

Q: So Pdids hows that fantastic Canadian grand prix for you?
PDids9: It wasn't that bad, my problem was clipping the wall and lost a bit of time, I went too long before pitting hoping for an advantage but it didn't pay off.

Q: Three races in and you've scored 10 points, thoughts?
PD: Points tally could be better just need to find the right balance, it's early days so hopefully there is a turnaround.

Q: You're tied with three people on 10 points is this championship a tight battle in the midfield?
PD: I have a good team mate we practice together and hopefully we can score some good points.

Back to top Go down