Wheel2WheelRacing
Welcome to the Wheel2WheelRacing Playstation 4 F1 League! Thanks for Visiting!

We are a website of clean and enthusiastic drivers, and you can join us by creating a free account, clicking 'Register'. If possible, please use your PSN username - this will make it easier for you and League Moderators to add each other.

After signing up, write a post in the 'Welcome to W2WR' section letting us know, and we will arrange a quick induction with you in a private online lobby. Getting approval in this session with a League Moderator will grant you access to start racing in the Leagues.

Look forward to seeing you on track,
Wheel2WheelRacing Website Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wheel2WheelRacing
Welcome to the Wheel2WheelRacing Playstation 4 F1 League! Thanks for Visiting!

We are a website of clean and enthusiastic drivers, and you can join us by creating a free account, clicking 'Register'. If possible, please use your PSN username - this will make it easier for you and League Moderators to add each other.

After signing up, write a post in the 'Welcome to W2WR' section letting us know, and we will arrange a quick induction with you in a private online lobby. Getting approval in this session with a League Moderator will grant you access to start racing in the Leagues.

Look forward to seeing you on track,
Wheel2WheelRacing Website Team
Wheel2WheelRacing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

British GP Race - selected team and driver quotes

Go down

British GP Race - selected team and driver quotes Empty British GP Race - selected team and driver quotes

Post by Guest Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:07 pm

Gav25182 on a race weekend to forget; Lii4m_ on a great race starting from last place; Stub101 on gearing up too soon; Ferrari Mania on another unlucky weekend and LIAMATTHURSO on an enjoyable race from the back of the grid. Selected drivers report back on Sunday’s action…

Gav25182, Williams

That was a bit of a joke race in the end to be honest.

Delighted with 3rd on the grid. Put a good clean lap together.

Started well, fighting James, but he prevailed, and I settled in for the long race in 3rd. Had a slight oversteer at Vale, and got driven in to from the back. I, and I suspect they, don't have a clue what they were doing. I Think it was Ben but I may be wrong. Whoever it was didn't bother waiting. PDRS tapped me later on Lap 2, but he let me back through, top man. I think I was 7th or 8th, but I passed Pdids, and the did an excellent move on Stub at Vale, around the outside! Very proud of that. From there, I did catch a few battling cars, was about to take Ben when he pitted, and then forced Ferrari Mania in to a mistake and sailed through. FM then went off behind me, FM can you confirm that was nothing to do with me, I didn't feel anything up the back??

I executed my strategy, running as high as 3rd at one point, and when the stops shook out, I was 5th, catching the Force Indias, and Ben behind catching me on new Options.

I caught the Force Indias, james retired in front of me, and the crankshaft turned the engine back up! He'd lulled me in, and then ran off. From there I had to defend from Ben. When he finally caught me down the Wellington straight, I moved to the inside to defend my position, and got another firm whack up the arse shortly after, putting me in to a barrier. Needless to say, he didn't wait, but I was promoted back to my 4th position when he got a 20 sec penalty, just as well I stayed in that 20 sec window! I guess justice was done in the end, but it is a bit worrying, after a few really good races and fights, and I would have been in that scrap for the podium places were it not for the first lap incident, my pace was relatively better here than anywhere so far.

Onwards and upwards, I pray.

Lii4m_, Williams (Reserve)

Qualy - Ran wide towards the end of the lap and ended up cutting as i came on track, started last.

Race - 2nd, got caught up in a little bit of contact on lap one, cost me about 5-6 seconds just getting car pointing the right direction. :PI was on primes so just stuck it out as peoples tyres started to go off i managed to make some places and eventually took the lead when everyone pitted. Liam then managed to catch and pass me right before i was due to pit. Came out again on primes and had good pace managed to catch the front 3 who were battling, got passed james before crank pitted and as I closed up on Liam he pitted too. I had a 24 second gap which was slowly coming down with Liam on fresher tyres. I pitted a lap earlier than planned to preserve the gap , which was now 15 seconds. I had 13 laps to catch Liam with the gap at 10 seconds and me on Options. I got the gap down to 4 seconds with 5 to go, but put the power down to early coming off hanger straight., gap up to 6. Race pretty much over, I pushed as hard as i could and got back to 3 seconds just before the end where i ran out of fuel. If you take away the mistake at the start of the race it would of been very tight!.

good race tonight boys.

Ferrari Mania, Mercedes

I think it's fair to say I can be classified the most unluckiest driver in this league. Last week at Valencia I lose a podium over TV problems and couldn't finish the race and tonight I lose another potential podium due to Virgin Media running updates and therefore losing my internet connection. I have lost some serious points as of late and it is frustrating as I now deem my championship charge to be virtually over.

Quali was a nightmare, not quite sure what happened but I didn't like the balance at all. In terms of the race, my most competitive thus far as I was running on the leaders pace comfortably. Had a fantastic start and had a lovely battle with Liam (our Liam not the reserve one) for the first few laps. He overtook me using DRS which was fair enough. I saw Gav's spin with Ben being close behind, from my angle it appeared you dropped the rear yourself Gav mate but I could be wrong. Then had a fantastic battle with James and Ben with Crank and Liam less than 3 seconds ahead upto lap 27. The battles with James and Ben were so much fun it felt unreal at the time, 3 of us side by side going down the wellington straight
Lap 28 and my problems begin I lost KERS and as I backed off my performance for my strategy Liam (reserve) and Gav passed me. As I was about to retake the position off of Gav I lost connection thus ending my race. A real shame, as I think I was about to pull off a tactical masterpiece as I did back in Cataluyna. Only positive is that I appear to now be on the pace To keep Liam, Crank and James in touch. I apologize for the lengthily post, but this is 2 races in a row I have lost mega points due to no fault of mine.

LIAMATTHURSO, Ferrari

Qualifying was a horror show, qualifying 9th after my Drs not shutting in tu
Off the start i had a brief scare, with the Lotus (Stub i believe) getting a poor start, i had to swerve quickly to avoid him, but then realized i also had the jump on FM, But had to back out, i then went from 8th to 4th after my team mate caused some chaos, FMs defending was really good & he wasn't easy to pass! But after i passed him i set about James & Crank, i thought they may be shocked seeing me in 3rd that soon but i got them both but crank kept me at arms length in the 2nd stint, & as i made a mistake he was there, & james caught us both, in the final stint crank seemed to fall back sadly, but a fun race, going from 9th to 1st was really fun!

Stub101, Lotus

Quali ok but one mistake cost me a good lap

Race Got terrible start due to shifting up to second too early and it just died on me (sorry liam) from then it was a case of trying not make too many errors pitted lap 13 with a blowout on front left going down final straight so didn't loose too much time as I was pitting that lap, for some reason my front left got terrible wear . Think it was my second pitstop before I saw anyone again but he was lapping me at that time steady run to the end .

Back to top Go down