Wheel2WheelRacing
Welcome to the Wheel2WheelRacing Playstation 4 F1 League! Thanks for Visiting!

We are a website of clean and enthusiastic drivers, and you can join us by creating a free account, clicking 'Register'. If possible, please use your PSN username - this will make it easier for you and League Moderators to add each other.

After signing up, write a post in the 'Welcome to W2WR' section letting us know, and we will arrange a quick induction with you in a private online lobby. Getting approval in this session with a League Moderator will grant you access to start racing in the Leagues.

Look forward to seeing you on track,
Wheel2WheelRacing Website Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wheel2WheelRacing
Welcome to the Wheel2WheelRacing Playstation 4 F1 League! Thanks for Visiting!

We are a website of clean and enthusiastic drivers, and you can join us by creating a free account, clicking 'Register'. If possible, please use your PSN username - this will make it easier for you and League Moderators to add each other.

After signing up, write a post in the 'Welcome to W2WR' section letting us know, and we will arrange a quick induction with you in a private online lobby. Getting approval in this session with a League Moderator will grant you access to start racing in the Leagues.

Look forward to seeing you on track,
Wheel2WheelRacing Website Team
Wheel2WheelRacing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AL3 :- From the Cockpit - Round 9 - Germany

Go down

AL3 :- From the Cockpit - Round 9 - Germany Empty AL3 :- From the Cockpit - Round 9 - Germany

Post by Chaz_B_97 Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:06 am

Posted here soon
Chaz_B_97
Chaz_B_97

Back to top Go down

AL3 :- From the Cockpit - Round 9 - Germany Empty Re: AL3 :- From the Cockpit - Round 9 - Germany

Post by Chaz_B_97 Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:10 pm

Sorry that this has taken like 3 weeks haha, but been very busy with exams etc. So If you are reading this, I apologise..Plus Check out Ross' Column as it's far better than my own Razz

So Germany was an interesting race. Once again...We did 1-shot quali due to people being a bit to eager but ah well. So quali was wet and since tyre wear didn't affect, nor strategy for the race, I decided to go for it. I took Pole by around 1.4 seconds which was surprising.

The race began on time and after a poor start, I found myself down to 3rd. Laps went by and I was doing well until I beached the car in the gravel. Lap 7 came and coming up to the chicane, Clatty and Brian had a coming together and resulted in Brian needing to pit and Clatty holding position until I was breathing down his neck. The stewards did confirm that he would take a 20 sec penalty. This proves that if you can record the race (I mean, I use my phone and it's fine) it does pay back as it helps the stewards take the right choice.

Pitstops came and went and as you can see, this will be short but Monza will be better Smile This is kinda down to me not having the most exciting race until the end Razz

So as I was swapping positions with Clatty, and then Lap 28 came. Round the Dunlop Hairpin I went to find Patty on the left of the track. Carrying the speed, I switched to the right to LAP him. As on my POV, you can clearly see he moves across and has a swipe. In Hindsight, that was quite lucky as I could easily of crashed into the barriers. I wasn't pleased and even though Moody who was stewarding did warn him that I was behind, I think that people should be more aware. On a controller, it's not difficult to quickly look behind you.

Moving on from my scare to lap 53. By this time, my strategy was frankly strange as I did 3 option stints to the end. The safety car however cut my lead. Jay managed to beach his Mclaren into the pit-lane wall. This meant that the 3 guys on the lead lap would pit for fresh rubber whilst I stayed out. The Safety car came in on Lap 55 and left a 5 lap sprint. I did manage to hold off the pack and would take a home grand prix win for Mercedes. With the absence of my team mate, it was a valuable 25 points.

No stats Today but I would like to say that Now I will be leaving W2WR at the end of this season. The title would be nice but winning Monaco and Silverstone will be great, as well as my favourite track If I can. I will be back but want to say that i've really enjoyed my time in AL3 and thanks to all that i've raced. Smile
Chaz_B_97
Chaz_B_97

Back to top Go down