Wheel2WheelRacing
Welcome to the Wheel2WheelRacing Playstation 4 F1 League! Thanks for Visiting!

We are a website of clean and enthusiastic drivers, and you can join us by creating a free account, clicking 'Register'. If possible, please use your PSN username - this will make it easier for you and League Moderators to add each other.

After signing up, write a post in the 'Welcome to W2WR' section letting us know, and we will arrange a quick induction with you in a private online lobby. Getting approval in this session with a League Moderator will grant you access to start racing in the Leagues.

Look forward to seeing you on track,
Wheel2WheelRacing Website Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wheel2WheelRacing
Welcome to the Wheel2WheelRacing Playstation 4 F1 League! Thanks for Visiting!

We are a website of clean and enthusiastic drivers, and you can join us by creating a free account, clicking 'Register'. If possible, please use your PSN username - this will make it easier for you and League Moderators to add each other.

After signing up, write a post in the 'Welcome to W2WR' section letting us know, and we will arrange a quick induction with you in a private online lobby. Getting approval in this session with a League Moderator will grant you access to start racing in the Leagues.

Look forward to seeing you on track,
Wheel2WheelRacing Website Team
Wheel2WheelRacing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spanish Grand Prix Podium Press Conference

4 posters

Go down

Spanish Grand Prix Podium Press Conference  Empty Spanish Grand Prix Podium Press Conference

Post by Gonk721 Wed May 16, 2018 2:47 pm

Hello and welcome to our AL2's Podium Press room here in Barcelona. We sadly didn't have a lot of drivers turn up for this race, but those who did show up certainly didn't want to disappoint their fans waiting in the stands. We had 10 drivers on track today, which meant possible points for everybody who turned up, but this wasn't going to be the case as we had incidents from the start right up to the finish with a little misfortune of rain in the middle.

Please welcome to the room our 3 top step finishers, Russlad, AllShotDown and Bloomstar.

We'll get our questions underway with our race winner, and no stranger to being on the top step since being with us here in AL2, Russlad.

Q1: Well done on your 5th race win in a row, but we have to be honest and say that we felt you were handed that race win by a major mistake by AllShotDown's pitcrew, who caused an unnecessary pitstop. Is this how you see it?

Q2: At the start of the race, you looked to be put on a different strategy to your teammate, was this your idea as you seem to be more harder on your tyres through qualifying?

Q3: We head to Monaco, a track that you always seem to struggle on, are you over the moon that you have a comfortable lead over your rivals to allow for any mistake at Monaco?

Thank you russ and well done on the race win

We will now come to our P2 man, AllShotDown.

Q1: Well done on your 3rd podium in a row, but we sadly saw your team make a mistake and put a set of unwanted tyres on you at the wrong time, and we felt this cost you the race win. How do you see it?

Q2: We head off to Monaco next and if memory serves me right, last season, although you ended up a couple of laps down, you still managed to finish the race, are you hoping this will happen again this season and can close that gap to Russ?

Q3: Renault are currently holding 3rd in the constructors by comfortably and knowing that both Williams and Toro Rosso seem to struggle around Circuit de Monaco, Are they in high hopes to be able to close the gap quite considerably to both rivals in front of them?

Thank you AllShot and well done on another podium

We'll now come to our P3 man, Bloomstar.

Q1: Well done on your 1st podium. How are you feeling?

Q2: In that race we saw you start on the medium tyre, at the back of the grid and on a different strategy to your teammate. Was there a specific reason as to why you decided to go different?

Q3: We head to a track that has been difficult for both Williams drivers in the past, the infamous Circuit de Monaco. What are your thoughts heading to this track?

Thank you Bloom, and well done on your 1st podium

Thank you all for joining us here in Barcelona and we look forward to seeing you all at the infamous Circuit de Monaco and it daunting 78 laps of hard twists, turns and unpredictable weather.

Gonk721

Back to top Go down

Spanish Grand Prix Podium Press Conference  Empty Re: Spanish Grand Prix Podium Press Conference

Post by AllShotDown Wed May 16, 2018 6:58 pm

A1 . Yeah the mistake in the pits was a major mess up by the team, I was called in going into the final corner , so cutting it as late as possible and was thrown on the wrong tyres forcing an extra stop over the front runners. In regards to it costing me the win , I can't say as Russ was really quick in the dry and kept me behind, it was only due to the wet weather I passed him. I do feel we were robbed of an epic battle between us which could have carried on for 30 odd laps.

AllShotDown

Back to top Go down

Spanish Grand Prix Podium Press Conference  Empty Re: Spanish Grand Prix Podium Press Conference

Post by AllShotDown Wed May 16, 2018 7:00 pm

A2. Unfortunately your memory is correct haha, however this year I have a team mate and have learned to be more patient behind slower cars on track, so any result in Monaco doesn't just affect me , this season it could hurt or help my team too.

AllShotDown

Back to top Go down

Post by AllShotDown Wed May 16, 2018 7:03 pm

A3. Last year me and Aletdownofstate both had front end pace, the main difference being we won't be battling each other as much as helping one another. I know I'm up for giving the team 110% going into what could be classed as the hardest race of the calender.
Thank you and hopefully speak to you after Monaco haha

AllShotDown

Back to top Go down

Post by RussLad12 Thu May 17, 2018 6:34 pm

RussLads answers,
Q1 Answer, yeah I was 9 seconds down on allshot due to the rain stint, but then I could see something had happened to allshot so I just kept pushing to catch him later in the race which forced him to pit for tyres and I could see the two tyre compounds had very little difference in pace so I just kept on pushing till the end, but a wins a win and I will take that.
Q2 Answer, I had to do my qualifying on one set of tyres due to stealth blowing my first flying lap coming out of the pits without looking, so I bailed out the did another outlap to do a couple of flying laps hence why I run out of fuel, which comprise my first stint in the race due to my tyres being dead from the start.
Q3 Answer, I love Monaco it’s one of my favourite tracks, but if it rains then that’s not good for me on Monaco, but I will be flat out as always and we’ll see what happens during the race, if I make a mistake then like you say I’ve got a gap in the points to let me off if it goes wrong but I’m still looking forward to it all the same.

RussLad12

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloomstar1986 Tue May 29, 2018 1:18 pm

A1: Thank you its been stronger competition this season with drivers improving their setups from last season so a podium is great right now Smile.

A2: I could see the weather was changing through out the race and felt the softer tyres maybe better later in the race and starting 11th I had the opportunity to change my qualifying tyres. It seems as the softer tyres was hard to get switched on looking at all the other drivers out there so happy I made that decision.

A3: Just try and survive is the 1st objective, everything else will be a bonus Smile.
Bloomstar1986
Bloomstar1986

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down